follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #57
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledLakai View Post
I could read ink your Facebook post until you couldn't tell whats written behind it. The most obvious thing incorrect is your rambling. You love to write run on sentences without any punctuation to separate thoughts. However I realize you are the type of person that won't understand how ridiculous you sound in your written arguments.
did you just come out of a grammar school under a rock in the time of twitter and text and fb status why waste characters for punctuation your contribution to the thread makes me want to write run on sentences just to piss you off see see see

but seriously man, leave those critics if the man apply for a job in your company or something. if you have nothing on topic to say, then may I suggest saying nothing?

On topic: pcasso, you've got plenty of great cars that I have seen so I'm not sure why you let that guy tick you off really. The people that keep go on and on about muscle cars and all that just need to realize there will always be a faster car so do you always argue over which one is faster or find some other reasons to enjoy a car, especially the one that you have.

I give mad props to Toyota/Subaru not just because the twin are such great cars, but also for them being gutsy enough to tell Nissan and their GT-R that "hey bro, cool drag car, but we want to design a car where the driver matters, come check it out."
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #58
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxmn View Post
did you just come out of a grammar school under a rock in the time of twitter and text and fb status why waste characters for punctuation your contribution to the thread makes me want to write run on sentences just to piss you off see see see

but seriously man, leave those critics if the man apply for a job in your company or something. if you have nothing on topic to say, then may I suggest saying nothing?

On topic: pcasso, you've got plenty of great cars that I have seen so I'm not sure why you let that guy tick you off really. The people that keep go on and on about muscle cars and all that just need to realize there will always be a faster car so do you always argue over which one is faster or find some other reasons to enjoy a car, especially the one that you have.

I give mad props to Toyota/Subaru not just because the twin are such great cars, but also for them being gutsy enough to tell Nissan and their GT-R that "hey bro, cool drag car, but we want to design a car where the driver matters, come check it out."
I agree man, its all about the driving experience!! This little car satisfies me in ways not even the wife can . I understand how they feel when they see a 200hp rwd scion but once you drive the 86 its addicting, i cant stop dreaming about her. You may not believe me but i think more about driving this car than i did my R-35!! Its a true drivers dream!! I guess people will never understand until they get behind the wheel of one.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #59
Neziah

Drives: 2013 HotLava FRS, 2005 Legacy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Pro tip - stop wasting time and energy on what other people think, worry about what you like. =]
Old 08-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #60
whtchocla7e

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Plenty of hate in a thread about hate.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #61
YW-Slayer

Drives: 2013 BRZ (MT, WRB), 2005 Legacy B4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neziah View Post
Pro tip - stop wasting time and energy on what other people think, worry about what you like. =]
I agree. Who cares if their car is faster than yours? Unless they own something like a Zonda (which most of these people don't) there is always going to be a car faster than theirs. This town is full of C63s, E63s, etc. but I don't care about what other people do as long as it doesn't endanger me.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #62
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
I agree man, its all about the driving experience!! This little car satisfies me in ways not even the wife can . I understand how they feel when they see a 200hp rwd scion but once you drive the 86 its addicting, i cant stop dreaming about her. You may not believe me but i think more about driving this car than i did my R-35!! Its a true drivers dream!! I guess people will never understand until they get behind the wheel of one.
funny you talk about wife. cause there will always be someone hotter ... lol i'll just leave it there.

i had some fun time dodging idiotic bullets from an M3 driver over the weekend too. At the end of the day, realizing he couldn't make a happy FRS driver and a S-2000 fanatic (my other friend) to , he tried to leave it with "German car is the way to go man". lol love the M3, tired tired tired of ignorant owners.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #63
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShaveWithKatana View Post
A genuine question- You said you "eventually passed" the M3. In the video, it looks like either he waved you past (for whatever reason), or he had a mechanical issue of some kind, as you passed him on a straight and he appeared to be slowing down dramatically or even stopping.

I watched that part several times. I am familiar with E92s, having owned two of them.

I am very confident any stock FR-S couldn't keep up with an E92 on any track.
He is a friend of mine, he let me pass because i was on his ass and he wanted to tail me. When he was tailing me he would stay on me on the straight aways but hesitated to pass since he knew i would be right on him again in the braking. Even though my cars brakes were getting worse the FR-S would out pace him in corner entry and exit speed. He said he let me pass to see if his car would go into corners at the same speed mine did, which it could not. Im guessing a lot has to do with the way i can turn in the FR-S and he cant do that with a heavier car. I owned a E90 M3 and took it to the same track so i know how weight places a huge roll in this specially since harris hill has very little straights its mostly corners where the fr-s has the advantage of being able to attack them at full speed and the M3 has to battle its weight specially on his stock tires and stock alignment. I dont think the FR-S is a faster car but i do think with a bit more power and technique high powered heavyweights may have some good competition from a light weight 4 banger.

My car is not stock in any terms btw i have pretty much everything that can be done as far as suspension wise and an intake and exhaust plus sticky tires, im just waiting on brakes. Now imagine what i could do with better brakes!!

Here are the car specs.

FR-S Specs:
-Suspension-
-Cusco Front & Rear Member Braces
-Cusco Adjustable Rear Control Arms
-Cusco Front & Rear Strut Bars
-Cusco Thicker Rear Sway Bar
-Perrin Sway Bar End Links
-KW V3 Coilovers
-Vorschlag Camber Plates

-Engine-
-TRD Filter
-Agency Power Catback

-Brakes-
-Stock System Fading pretty badly because of rubber lines and fluid.

-Wheels & Tires-
-Hankook RS3'S 245/40/17 On 17X8 Rpf1's

-Settings-
-36 PSI HOT
-410 Pounds Average Driver + Co-Pilot

E92 M3 Specs:
-ECU Reflash
-Stock PS2 Tires
-Driver + Co-Pilot Average 320 Pounds
Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #64
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledLakai View Post
I could read ink your Facebook post until you couldn't tell whats written behind it. The most obvious thing incorrect is your rambling. You love to write run on sentences without any punctuation to separate thoughts. However I realize you are the type of person that won't understand how ridiculous you sound in your written arguments.
I think the word you are looking for is red. If you're going to attack someone over little things, at least check your own posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
track_warrior (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #65
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
I think the word you are looking for is red. If you're going to attack someone over little things, at least check your own posts.
Disregard. Reading comprehension>me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #66
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
lol BURNNNN! That hypocrite's mistake was actually much worse because, unlike the fb typos, I couldn't make sense of the beginning of his sentence.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #67
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
I just hate living in a City full of drag idiots who judge car by how much power it puts down!! Im thinking of moving my business to Austin that way i have 3 racetracks near by no more 40+ minute drives. Its funny i took a friend who is into drag racing to my local track and got him in as a guest, i gave him a ride in my car first and he was acting all tough saying man this is easy why do you say its hard blah blah blah. Next we did a lead follow and i was constantly having to slow down so his high powered evo could catch up since the thing had so much lag after that he said he could have easily passed me, i told him to go ahead of me and i would follow him now trying to stay on his rear bumper....... Next thing you know he over speeds into a corner having massive understeer then he punches the gas and as soon as his turbo kicked in he was in the dirt. I just laughed and laughed and repeated the same lemma over and over "Straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers" lol. ( This was in a c63 btw i was not in the fr-s.)
Hey at least you have a track semi close, Harris Hill is the closest track to me as well, about 2hrs.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #68
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
I'm not taking the side of the grammar nazi, as I generally don't care when I post here or on fb.

But.... Read is both past and present tense, you just pronounce it differently. Google it

Dude, you're reading it wrong because the grammar nazi's typo is so bad that it affected your interpretation. He really meant to say "red ink" as in the color red.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #69
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
I'm not taking the side of the grammar nazi, as I generally don't care when I post here or on fb.

But.... Read is both past and present tense, you just pronounce it differently. Google it

Nope i think Hawaiian is right, he meant to say Red ink as in highlight my errors and write what is wrong on my post and the douche didn't even spell that right lol. First he said proof reading which is actually proofreading, now this. I dont really care about grammar this is a car forum its what we are here to discuss but i hate douches.

Read Ink does not make sense, Red Ink does. Teachers use this method to correct students.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #70
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Dude, you're reading it wrong because the grammar nazi's typo is so bad that it affected your interpretation. He really meant to say red ink as in the color red.
And I did :o... I shouldn't be allowed around electronic device if I haven't had caffeine.

Closed Thread