follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 03:51 PM   #1
jacobe38
@slothbrz on IG

Drives: Track BRZ - Supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2014 BRZ Supercharged - Track Prepped

SOLD

FULL ALBUM: https://imgur.com/a/iDmcsy2

Supercharged BRZ Track Prepped - For Sale - Asking $24,500.

located in 48067 , Royal Oak Michigan

Quick TLDR:

- 2014 BRZ Supercharged making ~260/290 on 93/e85. Just a guess never dyno’d. Tuned for track by Zach @ CSG. ~2600 lbs
- JRSC kit, Accusump, Tracbox, big brakes, aero, proper cooling, flex fuel, suspension, roll bar/seats/harnesses, much more
- No problems with the car, just a few minor things to be aware of (see below)
- No lien, clean title, no crashes
- Extremely fun car on track
- Only selling because I've managed to acquire one of my dream cars, and we “don’t have room for two race cars.”
- Really great and surprisingly practical track day car, can fit a full size table, canopy, tools, luggage, two 5gal fuel jugs, scooter, and more inside
- I was originally just going to skip straight to part out, but after asking around I was encouraged to list at this price. But if nobody wants it I'll just part out over winter.

Full Details:

Car usage:

- Pretty much only used for track duty. Sometimes driven on nice days on cruises etc.
- No competition, just HPDE, driven to and from track
- I’m an 8/10ths driver, I don't abuse my cars more than necessary, always warm up lap and cooldown after 3-4 hot laps
- Strict maintenance schedule, oil change every 4 track days or 1k miles. Transmission every 3 track days, diff every 5. Brake fluid as needed. Motul 5w40, gear 300, SRF
- All installs and maintenance done by me
- On quickjacks 90% of the year sadly
- Stored inside a garage every winter, no rust
- During the season I just do fluids. It’s been perfectly reliable so far.

How it Drives:

- Makes tons of grip.
- Power/weight is in a great place.
- SC keeps the power band and characteristics of NA, just more power everywhere
- Excellent chassis dynamics. Very communicative, neutral steering
- Very approachable at the limit, doesn't bite, oversteer easy to control
- Over built in regards to braking, no fade issues and great modulation
- Waterford 1:14.6, Grattan 1:28.3, Gingerman 1:42.6
- I had planned to keep this car until I went <1:40 with it at Gingerman. I’m positive its capable, but a deal fell into my lap.

Owners:

- I am the 2nd owner, bought the car in 2020. Did a few track days NA. Supercharged early 2021, selling end of 2022. About 2.5 years with it, never had any issues
- First owner was also an enthusiast and took great care of it. A lot of the stuff, like pretty much all the interior work, was done by him.

Engine

- I’ve done yearly blackstone oil analysis and they’ve always been great
- Burns a completely acceptable ¼ qt across 4 track days
- Has a canton accusump to help save the bearings from oil starvation due to long extended lateral G forces. Prior owner installed this and its always worked great for me, no issues
- Small oil seep from driver side front of the engine. I bought it like this and it hasn’t gotten worse in my ownership. It doesn’t drip or produce a burning smell, I forget it’s there. I haven’t tried to fix it. I understand its a common thing. The area just stays barely damp.
- As far as I can tell the engine is in great shape internally, it runs strong, no strange noises or anything
- Always stored with 93

The Bad

There are no major issues. This car can go immediately to a track day. However there are a few areas I will point out to prospective buyers. To me this is just ‘racecar stuff’ but just in the spirit of full disclosure:

- The only custom work on this car is a fueling mod I did to help address e85 fuel starvation on track that is prominent on these cars. It involves a 2nd added lifter pump in the passenger side of the saddle tank. It’s an entirely in-tank system. I personally consider it safe and reasonably well executed. Depending on the buyer this could be very sketchy sounding or no big deal. Good news is this is 100% undoable and not permanent if this spooks you at all. This is the only kinda janky mod on an otherwise very well sorted and track prepped car. But the car is MUCH better on e85, and it was this or a surge tank. If I get a serious buyer with a deposit that doesn’t like the sound of this, I can undo all of it and revert to stock, but just know you won’t be able to run e85 without awful starvation issues.

- Due to the extra hose in the tank, this hose occasionally gets on top of the fuel level floater sensor, causing it to send incorrect levels to the fuel gauge, at random times, based on unlucky sloshes inside the tank moving the hose on top of the floater. It dislodges itself rather quickly usually. I have to top off constantly regardless so this doesn’t bother me personally.

- The gaskets on the fuel basket ring are supposed to be 1 use only. I’ve reused them several times. As such, when the gas tank is 105% full, meaning full to the point of spilling out the filler neck as one does when using a fuel jug in the paddock, the fuel basket leaks a very small amount of fuel onto the top of the fuel tank at first. I'm not sure how much it is, but it definitely isn't much. The most I've ever found after investigating is less than a tablespoon. It isn’t enough to leak on the ground, and the exhaust is on the opposite side anyway. But you do sometimes smell fumes when this is occurring, but it goes away. I just did this mod earlier this year and so I’ve only recently learned this is happening. I planned to fix it over the off season. I have kept driving b/c as far as I can tell, its not dangerous. But obviously something to be aware of and fix eventually.

- The Jackson Racing kit was designed around the OEM radiator, I have a thicker Koyo unit. This created a ~3mm contact patch between the oil cooler mounting tab and AC condenser body(the tank ends, not any fins) at one point on the passenger side. Left as-is it would constantly vibrate/bounce together these two metal surfaces. I caught this during install and didn’t drive it like this, but to address it I added a small wooden shim to keep tension there and not allow the metal parts to rub. It’s been that way for 2 years with no issues. I have checked this after many track days and its holding up fine. There is no tension or pressure on any of the oil cooler fittings or lines. You would never know this was there until you were to disassemble the entire front end.

- One of the headlights for some reason occasionally turns off and you have to turn them back on every so often, just a quick rotation of the stalk. Not a big deal, just annoying. I barely drive at night so I never fixed it. Unsure what it is, but headlamps work fine so, i assume something electrical. Prior owner installed one of the ‘DRL always on’ things so I assume something is loose with that.

- The OEM antenna is removed, I never use it, so I didn’t replace it when I wrapped the roof. Works fine, just needs to be reinstalled if you like the radio.
- No cruise control

Full mod list and details:

- 2014 BRZ Limited
- 74K miles
- White
- Manual
- Original Engine, unopened FA20
- New Transmission and OEM Clutch (before i owned it, have paperwork from prior owner, dealer warrantied)

SuperCharger Stuff

- Jackson Racing C30 kit w/ base pulley, specced with track oil cooler that is designed by JR to fit and mount with intercooler and Rotrex cooler (a must have). New costs are 4500 for the kit + 800 for track oil cooler
- PTuning Flex Fuel Kit and Digital Ethanol Content Readout LCD in cabin and engine failsafe protection
- Injector Dynamics - ID1050x port injectors
- intercooler/cooling stack ducting that i made

Engine

- Canton 2QT Accusump, on a switch, pressure actuated. Mounted behind passenger seat, plumbed to main galley on front driver side of engine
- New NGK Racing spark plugs 2021
- DI injectors serviced April 2021, New upgraded seals, professionally cleaned and bench tested
- Motul 5w40 Ester Sport, changed every 4 track days or 1K miles w/ new filter

Exhaust

- Gruppe S UEL Catless headers
- JDL overpipe and dual resonated catless frontpipe
- Perrin Catback exhaust

Suspension

- Reinhardt XR-1 Coilovers w/ Swift 8k Springs. 1 way adjustable
- Camber is -2.6F / -2.2 R
- lowered maybe 1”
- Wrx oem rear sway bar
- Oem front bar

Brakes

- Stoptech ST-40 BBK - New aero rotor rings 2022
- Stoptech stainless lines F/R
- 2014 STI rear brembo w/ DBA rotors
- CSG Pads, approx 50% C21 front, 80% C2 rear
- Titanium Pad Shims F/R (these really do nothing besides extending piston dust boot life)
- Porsche 911 brake deflectors
- APR carbon brake ducts, not ran to the hub, only through fender liner.
- Castrol SRF - 2 track days on this change

Wheels

- SSR gtx01 17x9 +38
- Bridgestone RE71RS’s 255. The new version. Manufactured in 2022. 3 track days on them.
- APR extended studs in the front

Aero

- Ninelives Racing 64” Wang, endplates, gurney flap. “Subaru” Vinyl wrap
- Verus 2 piece splitter, end plates, airdam (Peter Granberg’s old one, kinda beat up, but sturdy and 100% functional)
- Verus Dive Planes
- Verus Rear Diffuser
- Verus Hood Vents

Transmission

- Group N OEM STI Transmission Mount
- Verus Bellhousing Cover
- Perrin short throw shifter kit
- Redline GL4 75w90 fluid
- Sometimes cranky at cold temps due to the fluid but shifts great once warmed

Body

- Paint condition 8/10. Honestly cleans up pretty well. Front bumper is 7/10.
- Small dent on rear passenger quarter panel (pictured)
- Garage Vary Carbon Fiber intake duct
- Roof wrapped black gloss vinyl. Nothing wrong with paint underneath
- Misc Aero, rear spats, OEM TRD painted fins
- Valenti taillights
- Move Over Racing bumper quick release kit

Cooling

- JRSC Intercooler
- Rotrex Cooler
- JRSC Track Oil Cooler
- Koyo Radiator

Interior

- No rear interior
- OMP D wheel. Amazing wheel
- OMP Quick release. Very nice piece of kit
- NRG Hub adapter
- Sparco Circuit Pro Comp Driver seat
- NRG Passenger Seat
- Racequip 6pt driver 5pt passenger harnesses
- Autopower bolt in 4 pt rollbar, crossmembers welded
- All seats and harnesses are expired if using for sanctioned racing. But, they are all in perfectly serviceable shape functionality wise. Never had issues at track day tech
- Tracbox and Racecargobrr switch panel (for pedal dance, rad fans, ABS)
- Oil pressure gauge w/ low psi alarm
- Fancy no residue fire extinguisher with mount bracket in passenger footwell
- Backup Camera
- Original headunit/radio
- Still has original front seat belts and all airbags other than steering wheel
- Weathertech front floormats

Fueling

- Aux fuel pump to combat e85 fuel starvation. This is undoable if necessary. Will provide a separate write up on this if requested. This is a pretty niche, custom modification that I did. But it has worked well.
- Verus Fuel Door
- OEM Original fuel pump in driver side

Tune

- Ecutek (license follows car)
- Zach Tucker @ CSG Flex Fuel Tune
- 18 revisions to land where we’re at including track logs, it runs great.

Included Extras

- OEM Front pipe (cats burned up, so its gutted)
- OEM STI side skirts
- OEM radiator
- OEM taillights
- OEM suspension
- OEM brakes
- OEM rear spoiler
- OEM spare tire, surrounding foam, trunk floor
- Original wheels/tires
- My prior set of Stoptech Aero rotor rings. They are used but they aren’t completely done, I had replaced with new ones last winter just so i wouldn’t have to mess with it during the season. I kept them as a backup set

Negotiable extras:

I planned to drive it all next year too, and was stockpiling parts for the offseason. Thus the BNIB upgrades, but found a deal I couldn't pass up on one of my bucket list cars. This stuff is in boxes. And some/all/none could be sold along with the car for the right price.

- BNIB Fortune 510 coilovers with 8k swift springs
- JDL 4-2-1 EL header w/ thermal coating. Used for only 1k miles
- BNIB 2X SPC RLCA
- Enkei PF05 17x9 wheels, no tires
- BNIB Group N STI Oem Engine mounts
- 1x OEM complete fuel pump assembly
- 2x rear wheel bearing assemblies with APR studs
- Berk catless front pipe
- BNIB Verus forged clutch fork
- BNIB Whiteline camber bolts
- Grimmspeed strut bar
- 2X Sparco 6point harnesses (used, not expired)

Last edited by jacobe38; 10-17-2022 at 02:16 PM. Reason: SOLD
The Following User Says Thank You to jacobe38 For This Useful Post:
RedReplicant (10-16-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 10:04 AM   #2
Muskoka800

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Release Series 2#439
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
PF05

Pm’ed
235F/245R Conti ECS on TRD/Enkei wheels (street),
245/40 sq. A052 on 17x8 720Form GTF2 wheels (track)
Old 10-05-2022, 11:00 AM   #3
jacobe38
@slothbrz on IG

Drives: Track BRZ - Supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka800 View Post
Pm’ed
responded
Old 10-08-2022, 12:37 AM   #4
jacobe38