follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #883
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I wish they had kept the 350/370s at the price point they started at. I remember my buddy picking his up at 26,700. That's a hell of a steal for the car your getting.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
shadoquad (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #884
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
There is a sizable amount of epeen waving over here, too. Both sites have fanbois. We're car guys, we get defensive about the cars we own, because we've invested money in that car over another. There is love and pride locked up in our cars. This makes us all fairly easy targets for trolling.

I paid 30k to own my Z. I'm not certain that it's any more common than the BRZ will be in a year or so. Time will tell.
Here's the primary difference...we don't feel the need to troll over on to other car forums to wave ours. We merely lash out after we keep seeing the same troll posts week after week on OUR forum.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #885
KevinDuMa

Drives: 2004 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My brother owns a 350 and my cousin has a 370 both awesome cars. But BRZ/FR-S and 350/370 are in different classes. Can't really go wrong with either IMO.
KevinDuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinDuMa For This Useful Post:
shadoquad (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #886
shadoquad
a quote out of context

Drives: '20 BRZ, '17 Silverado, '17 S1000R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacks View Post
Dude chill, shadoquad isn't a bad guy. We're just talking here. Thick skin helps. So is anyone here going from the 370 to this like I am? I'm very very close to ordering mine.
Liquidsnake already traded his Z for one, and he seems very happy with the trade.

I've had a few peeks at the car. I think I need to take a second test drive to get more impressions. I'd be trading my DD for one, though. Keeping the Z.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #887
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Liquidsnake already traded his Z for one, and he seems very happy with the trade.

I've had a few peeks at the car. I think I need to take a second test drive to get more impressions. I'd be trading my DD for one, though. Keeping the Z.
I've been attempting to contact Five Axis because they apparently have FR-S's for sale that ALREADY have their full kit + wheels + springs on the car. If I can buy a Five Axis edition car preassembled and installed like that then I will. I'd pay $30,000 after tax, tag, title, for that in a heartbeat.
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #888
sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbomb 25 View Post
Nice and your right...i love them all, but you have to compare when it comes to something your gonna spend your money on, so the pros and cons are very relivent.

I was looking for a new car since last October, so I made a big list of cars all around similar price range.... Mustangs, Civics, GTIs, etc... I just knocked out things I liked and didn't...

My final list pretty much ended up being 370Z, BRZ, WRX/STi (depending on what I can get it for)... I've been wanting a Z and a STi forever, but I kept coming back to the pics of the BRZ...

In the end I think I made the right choice. I love my BRZ and some hate it. It's like how I love my Civic and so many hate it.

Pro's & Con's always around...
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sbxjap For This Useful Post:
shadoquad (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #889
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbxjap View Post
I was looking for a new car since last October, so I made a big list of cars all around similar price range.... Mustangs, Civics, GTIs, etc... I just knocked out things I liked and didn't...

My final list pretty much ended up being 370Z, BRZ, WRX/STi (depending on what I can get it for)... I've been wanting a Z and a STi forever, but I kept coming back to the pics of the BRZ...

In the end I think I made the right choice. I love my BRZ and some hate it. It's like how I love my Civic and so many hate it.

I don't see what there is to hate about the car. Maybe the Scion, because it has a Scion badge. I still hate Toyota for that. But there are so many Honda haters. I don't think I've ever heard of a Toyota or Subaru hater though. As soon as I get my FR-S, it's off with the Scion badges and on with the Toyota emblems. Also, my license plate will say "OMG 86" lol.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #890
Symbiont
Tall guys fit, too.

Drives: BRZ Premium 6MT (SWP)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
I don't see what there is to hate about the car. Maybe the Scion, because it has a Scion badge. I still hate Toyota for that. But there are so many Honda haters. I don't think I've ever heard of a Toyota or Subaru hater though. As soon as I get my FR-S, it's off with the Scion badges and on with the Toyota emblems. Also, my license plate will say "OMG 86" lol.
Get the BRZ, then.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE. WE HAVE HIDs.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #891
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
Get the BRZ, then.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE. WE HAVE HIDs.
Lol no thanks. I'd prefer the FR-S. I'm getting the Five Axis kit + Toyota badges so it won't even be a Scion anymore. Hell insurance and paperwork have it filled out as Toyota.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #892
shadoquad
a quote out of context

Drives: '20 BRZ, '17 Silverado, '17 S1000R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbxjap View Post

This is what I advocate the most. Driving the cars and picking the one that fits you. This is a great time to be a car enthusiast. Even the compact hatches come out with performance variants these days. So there's a lot of great variety out there.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shadoquad For This Useful Post:
sbxjap (07-11-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #893
BioRage

Drives: ~_~
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
42 pages later...

Old 07-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #894
Max Schnell

Drives: Lexus GS350 F-sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This thread can go on forever and it'll still boil down to "get what you like" and "opinions will differ".
Max Schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Max Schnell For This Useful Post:
shadoquad (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #895
crazyyankeefan

Drives: 370Z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
The Z has gotten incrementally more expensive (and uglier, IMO) over the years. I loved the way the early Z's look, then they started the weird angles on the headlight and tail lights that just got me scratching my head. But again, that's me.
Now that's just bias. If you think the 370Z looks ugly, then you're implying the FR-S/BRZ is ugly cuz the shape and lines for both cars look similar in a lot of angles except for the Z being a hatch.

Quote:
IMO, the FRS and BRZ look good.

As for Z's, I love the 240Z, some 260Z's, but after that I'm not a big fan until the Z32 (later 300zx). I think they look fantastic. I think 350z's look ok, but when I first spotted a 370z on lots in 2008, they addressed most of the issues I had with the 350z, made it slightly lighter and slightly more powerful, and I just fell in love with the design. I realize that it is polarizing and that aesthetic opinions are subjective, but that's mine.
Personally, I think 240Z and 370Z are by far the best looking Z's ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Schnell View Post
This thread can go on forever and it'll still boil down to "get what you like" and "opinions will differ".
Yes, this debate can go on forever.......
crazyyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #896
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyankeefan View Post
Now that's just bias. If you think the 370Z looks ugly, then you're implying the FR-S/BRZ is ugly cuz the shape and lines for both cars look similar in a lot of angles except for the Z being a hatch.
Isn't personal taste considered "bias" at a very basic level? The headlights and tail lights on the newer Z's are ugly to me. Call it bias, opinion, whatever. I still feel the earlier 350Z's were much more attractive.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanboi, lame