follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #1
Qc86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 M6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2017 86 track inspired @86frenchfry

Hello everyone im 24, from Canada and here is my build!

I took delivery of the car in february 2017 and started moding it the first day I got her.

8 months and 18 000kms later here is what Ive done to the car so far.

First thing first the car needed some tints! I would have like to go darker but here in Quebec theres a law against window tint.

The second mod I did was the front splitter (Starstruck Aero x Aero Blitz) because I thought the kouki 86 needed some more agressiveness up front

And then one of my dream since i was kid was to have a big wing on one of my car, the 86 was IMO the perfect car to wear it so I got the Battle Aero wing. It made a huge difference on the highway the car feels a lot more stables and very planted to the road.

After that i thought my car needed to be more loud and have a little bit more power, i really hated the torque dip so, i got a Gruppe s uel ceramic coated header, Gruppe s overpipe, Invidia catless resonated front pipe, a Invidia N1 catback and a Grimmspeed intake.

After that we all knew i was going to get a CEL because of the catless life... I didnt want an openflash tablet so i went to Lachute performance and got a dyno tune with Ecutek. Dont mind the yellow stripes i was only doing a test to see if i liked the idea to have a touch of color on the car.. a week later they were gone

Then i needed a new set of lightweight wheels so i got some 720form gtf1 in 17x9+35 wrapped in nitto invos 245/40, but before i put the new wheels on...

And then the new wheels..

I now wanted to lower the car so i bought a set of used Stance xr1 coilovers but unfortunately the rebound adjustement knob up front were broken so i returned the suspension to the guy and i placed an order for some Fortune auto 500 gen 6. But here is some pics lowered..

As you can see I got a side splitter by Starstruck aero and a HIC roof visor. Also i tinted my headlights and installed a matte black banner.

Fourth GCS brake light

A little DIY i did.. weight reduction broo..

29/11/2017 update:
My car is in the storage for the winter however I
added a tow hook up front, got it off ebay and surprisingly the quality is very decent, suits the car style very well, also i always wanted the trd aero fins and finallu pulled the trigger.
They are colormatched and the install was a breeze.

UPDATE 28/12/2017: got around to install the Radoum pcv catch can and master cylinder brace

UPDATE 2019/03/17

So I totally changed the orientation of what I wanted to do with my car, since i have no time for track or autocross bevause im too buzy, i decided to ruin it lol

Its now widebody, slammed, has tilty wheels and a skibox

So here is what ive done so far :

Grimmspeed intake
Gruppe s uel ceramic coated headers
Gruppe s overpipe
ACE front pipe
Perrin 3" resonated catback
Ecutek tune
Whiteline diff bushing
Whiteline tranny mount
Whiteline rear subframe bushing
IRP short shifter

Rocket bunny V1 kit
Seibon carbon trunk
Helix depot tail lights
Fog lights
Matte black windshield banner
Wrapped interior trim matte black
Shift knob
Rear seat delete
HIC roof visor
TRD aero fender fins
Tow hook
Braum venom r seat

Wheels and tires
WatercooledIND JB1 fully brushed 18x10.5 -12
15mm spacer front 40mm spacer rear
225/35 nankang ns2

Fortune auto 500 gen6 DSG edition 30k spring rate with out of system camber plate
PBM lca
Whiteline camber bolt
Radium oil catch can and master cylinder brace
Custom oil cooler

Window visor

Velox hood louver
Grimmspeed strut bar

Sea sucker and thule alpine pulse skibox

Too lazy to post pic of hiw it looks actually but heres a video with my old setup

Last edited by Qc86; 03-17-2019 at 04:52 PM. Reason: New parts
Qc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Qc86 For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (10-28-2017), Lonewolf (10-28-2017), Lynxis (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Welcome, the car is coming along nicely!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
TheFilipino1

Drives: 2014 Dark Metallic Grey BRZ Limited
Garage
Looks nice and clean, nice job.
TheFilipino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #4
Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Looks great! I see track "inspired" and you've hit it for sure, I see a lot of what I'd like to do to my own car but lacking finances to make it happen anytime soon. My money goes to seat time and consumables these days.

Personal suggestions that I don't see you have planned are RLCA and BBK.

RLCA is a small thing but I can tell a lowered car on OEM control arms a mile away because of excessive rear camber and it kills me a bit inside.

I know you mentioned brake pads, lines and fluid and that's a fine starting point but I'd recommend taking that a step further and get a proper BBK, especially if you are planning to get a supercharger before long. It will really complete the look of a performance vehicle and future proofs you for when you get the supercharger. I hear the GTF1 has decent BBK clearance but I recall hearing that not all BBKs will fit them.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynxis For This Useful Post:
Qc86 (10-30-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
trigun286

Drives: '16 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hmm, rear seat delete. Got any information on that DIY?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #6
Qc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxis View Post
Looks great! I see track "inspired" and you've hit it for sure, I see a lot of what I'd like to do to my own car but lacking finances to make it happen anytime soon. My money goes to seat time and consumables these days.

Personal suggestions that I don't see you have planned are RLCA and BBK.

RLCA is a small thing but I can tell a lowered car on OEM control arms a mile away because of excessive rear camber and it kills me a bit inside.

I know you mentioned brake pads, lines and fluid and that's a fine starting point but I'd recommend taking that a step further and get a proper BBK, especially if you are planning to get a supercharger before long. It will really complete the look of a performance vehicle and future proofs you for when you get the supercharger. I hear the GTF1 has decent BBK clearance but I recall hearing that not all BBKs will fit them.
Yeah ill sure do the LCA! Actually looking for one thats has the hole for the adjustable headlight sensor. I've hit the track once this summer and did one autocross because unfortunately the closest track is 6h away from my home and samething for autocross.. I wish i had more time but i own a business and its quite difficult to have some. You either have time and no money or money and no time if you have both then you're lucky

And yes I was considering a BBK but i cant really justify myself in getting a good one like a wilwood or something like that thats like 2k+ just for the front when i only do couple track days and autocross each summer. Was considering the ATS V brake swap tho.

But i always told myself: do it once do it right so ill just save up this i find a good deal on a good kit
The Following User Says Thank You to Qc86 For This Useful Post:
Lynxis (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #7
Qc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigun286 View Post
Hmm, rear seat delete. Got any information on that DIY?
I found a DIY on this forum thats call rear aeat delete DIY or something like that.

But in resume what you need is :
-choroplast
-some carpet or whatever that looks similar to the interior of the car that you can grab at a local store
-3m spay adhesive
-time
-pushpins

I started with a piece of cardboard and did like a mold.. i was cutting, test fitting, cutting, test fitting, again and again till i got it all perfect, then after put the cardboard over the choroplast and cut it and then glued the carpet onto the choroplast and voila.

It hold up fine , its not rock solid but the other i had to give a ride to someone and he sat on it and it didnt break. If i wanted too i could have done a double layer or use a more solid material but was too lazy

Total cost of the project was 100$ CAD and 3h of my time.

Here is a pic of how it look
Old 11-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
PCR92

Drives: White GT86
Great build - Always good when people take good photos too. Following this.
PCR92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PCR92 For This Useful Post:
Qc86 (11-29-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #9
ILLSMOQ

Drives: 2017 WR BLUE BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Looking good...what did you do to tint the headlights and taillights?
ILLSMOQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
This is great, another owner enjoying their car despite whats "cool"... This most of all resonated with me... "And then one of my dream since i was kid was to have a big wing on one of my car". I have always wanted a sports car since I was a kid and my BRZ is that car for me too...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of icicles hanging off of that big wing!
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imnotsureaboutbrz For This Useful Post:
Qc86 (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #11
Qc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
This is great, another owner enjoying their car despite whats "cool"... This most of all resonated with me... "And then one of my dream since i was kid was to have a big wing on one of my car". I have always wanted a sports car since I was a kid and my BRZ is that car for me too...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of icicles hanging off of that big wing!
Thanks! But i dont think the icicles will hapoen since my car is in the storage for winter time

Where im from its nearly impossible to have a sports rwd car during the winter since there always a huge 2 feet snowbank in my driveway every morning

Also little update: my car cant be happier since she got a lot of goodies on blackfriday. I got the Fortune Auto 500series DSG edition went with F9K and R8K, a Radium oil catch can, Ft86motorsports oil cooler and a Radium master cylinder brace.

Thinking about doing some youtube video about my car and reviewing the parts since i dont find anyone who has review what ive got i think it would be great.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #12
Qc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSMOQ View Post
Looking good...what did you do to tint the headlights and taillights?
Front was Vivid light smoked vinyl and rear skme cheap ebay stuff... the vivid one looks kinda purplish in real depending the sunlight but its protects the headlight so all good for me.

Will do headlight blackhousing during the winter and might had some RGB halos
Old 11-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #13
Lunatic

Drives: 2015 Raven FRS
Thanked 1,057 Times in 488 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Looking good, have fun.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:23 AM   #14
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Just came across your thread and shes looking good. I'm thinking about getting the Starstruck Aero front and side splitters. Was wondering how they attached and installed, front uses nuts and bolts and side uses self tap screws? A quick summary would be good. Thanks.
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote