follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #673
Ralle109

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes it's a few Kilometer after.

Was Not to get acurate data, just for testing.

I'm relatively new in this area of working on cars.
Better for practice for me than only reading the hole time
Ralle109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:16 AM   #674
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralle109 View Post
Yes it's a few Kilometer after.

Was Not to get acurate data, just for testing.

I'm relatively new in this area of working on cars.
Better for practice for me than only reading the hole time
I know the feeling of wanting to look straight away. And it doesn't hurt to look and see what the starting point is. Personally, I want to see as well, that the tune is not crazy looking for peace of mind and before putting a lot of km on it.

Just don't make too many conclusions or be too impatient and start making changes before you know where it will end up. I made that mistake more than once and in the end you will end up wasting your time making unnecessary changes or even counterproductive changes.

In any case, the tune looks fine for your car, nothing crazy in the log. So I wouldn't have any worries driving that for 2-300 km and check again.

One thing to keep an eye, later on, is what seems consistent -1.3 FLKC at load 0.6-0.7 at around 3300 rpm. Wait and see if it persists or if you will get any drop in IAM as a result. If it does, pull -0.7 timing in the cells closest to that in Base Timing B. At low rpm high FLKC is more likely to cause IAM to drop.

Personally, I would probably do that straight away to avoid having to go through the learning process once again. But I don't put that many km on my car so the learning is an issue for me.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #675
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
I know the feeling of wanting to look straight away. And it doesn't hurt to look and see what the starting point is. Personally, I want to see as well, that the tune is not crazy looking for peace of mind and before putting a lot of km on it.

Just don't make too many conclusions or be too impatient and start making changes before you know where it will end up. I made that mistake more than once and in the end you will end up wasting your time making unnecessary changes or even counterproductive changes.

In any case, the tune looks fine for your car, nothing crazy in the log. So I wouldn't have any worries driving that for 2-300 km and check again.

One thing to keep an eye, later on, is what seems consistent -1.3 FLKC at load 0.6-0.7 at around 3300 rpm. Wait and see if it persists or if you will get any drop in IAM as a result. If it does, pull -0.7 timing in the cells closest to that in Base Timing B. At low rpm high FLKC is more likely to cause IAM to drop.

Personally, I would probably do that straight away to avoid having to go through the learning process once again. But I don't put that many km on my car so the learning is an issue for me.
To speed up learning do several light steadt throttle runs from 2000 to 6000 in say second or third just let rpm build slowly
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:55 AM   #676
Sarsi

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Guys I've got a 2013 GTS Auto, I've read the base rom with ECUFlash and it's ZA1JA00I. I'm guessing this is the original and way out of date, is it the A01I definition I need?

I've got the PSR UEL to go on and plan to use Wayno's UEL tune, do I need to or is there any point to update my base rom beforehand?

Thanks
Sarsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:34 AM   #677
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
Guys I've got a 2013 GTS Auto, I've read the base rom with ECUFlash and it's ZA1JA00I. I'm guessing this is the original and way out of date, is it the A01I definition I need?

I've got the PSR UEL to go on and plan to use Wayno's UEL tune, do I need to or is there any point to update my base rom beforehand?

Thanks
No need to update base rom before using waynos A01I tune, its not an incremental process. Each flash old rom\tune is totally erased then new rom\tune is flashed in.

yes A01I is much better base rom has the di seal, transient retard fix updates missing form a00i
Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #678
Sarsi

It turns out when I read the base rom I got a CEL, the one related to the auto trans I assume but I didn't know it because I simply read the rom and didn't start the car. The wife got the CEL to and from work the next day but didn't tell me, I then flashed Wayno's Stg1 tune from his thread and knew nothing about the CEL at all till the wife mentioned it later that night lol

Just a question about trying an E85 tune, I understand with the Tactrix we can't monitor fuel trims live like you can with the OFT so to switch fuels we just have to fill up, flash the required tune straight away and then just take it easy for a while (50-100kms?) while the new fuel makes it's way through the lines and the tune goes through the learning process?
Old 10-06-2016, 12:28 AM   #679
customyota

Drives: WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
It turns out when I read the base rom I got a CEL, the one related to the auto trans I assume but I didn't know it because I simply read the rom and didn't start the car. The wife got the CEL to and from work the next day but didn't tell me, I then flashed Wayno's Stg1 tune from his thread and knew nothing about the CEL at all till the wife mentioned it later that night lol

Just a question about trying an E85 tune, I understand with the Tactrix we can't monitor fuel trims live like you can with the OFT so to switch fuels we just have to fill up, flash the required tune straight away and then just take it easy for a while (50-100kms?) while the new fuel makes it's way through the lines and the tune goes through the learning process?

You can use a cheap ELM327 Bluetooth adapter from Amazon and torque pro to monitor fuel trims. 15-20 bucks and you're ready to go. Otherwise, you can flash right after filling up, and take it really easy, but it will take longer for the ECU to learn the right fuel trims this way.
customyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:24 AM   #680
Sarsi

Ok I have both those things already so I will look into that, thank you.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #681
steve99
Banned

Added ZA1JK00C late 2017 (MY2017) USA manual.

This rom has two fuelling and timing maps unlike previous roms and different PI/DI ratio tables and possibly other logic changes within rom.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:00 AM   #682
thambu19

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Can someone copy the values from the two tables? Is one for 93Octane and other for E85 for the future? If the values in the two maps are equal today it could mean an E85 kit coming in future
thambu19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #683
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thambu19 View Post
Can someone copy the values from the two tables? Is one for 93Octane and other for E85 for the future? If the values in the two maps are equal today it could mean an E85 kit coming in future

the values in the two fueling and timing tables are very close. nothing like E85 to petrol unfortunately :-)

Last edited by steve99; 10-11-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #684
thambu19

Garage
Right if they were planning on using the second surfaces for E85 in the future this makes sense. For now they will be identical or close because it is not flex fuel compatible at the moment but in the future they could switch one of the surfs to E85 and based on Ethanol estimation they can interpolate between the two surfaces
The Following User Says Thank You to thambu19 For This Useful Post:
steve99 (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #685
thambu19

Garage
Atleast that is a possibility. If the values are so close then there is no real need for separate surfaces. OEMs fight to reduce the number of surfaces when wherever possible.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #686
Roadcone
StreetKart

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
admittedly I have not read all 49 pages of this thread yet. I have read a considerable portion and have followed the links to other pages and forums. They all seem to be based around taking a stock car and modifying your own tune. I've yet to see anything about having a tune from anywhere else, even if its just another of the same ecu code. Do I need to manually update VIN numbers within the tune? coming from HPTuners it would let me flash a tune with another vin on it but it would autoupdate the file for me while flashing.

I've got a buddy that had his OFT stolen after putting an e85 tune in his car. I've got the current oft tunes and romraider setup to where it will read them but i'm unsure as to how i need to go about flashing something back into his car. I'm just trying to get him back on a safe gasoline map.

Tags
ecuflash, tactrix, taxtrix, tuning