follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2016, 12:41 AM   #1
RavenFish

Drives: 2016 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Berk Dual Exit Muffler Delete on a 2016 FR-S?

Hey everyone, i have a question, i was going to buy the Berk Dual Exit Muffler Delete from www.moddiction.com but it says it only fits 13-15, can anyone confirm that it will fit my 2016 FR-S before I buy it... Thanks Everyone
RavenFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFish View Post
Hey everyone, i have a question, i was going to buy the Berk Dual Exit Muffler Delete from www.moddiction.com but it says it only fits 13-15, can anyone confirm that it will fit my 2016 FR-S before I buy it... Thanks Everyone

It will definitely fit, it's literally two 14 mm bolts to remove and 4 exhaust hangers. You then transfer over 2 hangers to the berk and use the included gasket and 15 mm bolts and nuts they supply. You will a breaker bar or a good ratchet and a pipe that fits over the handle, the hardest part was removing those two bolts and I only had, had the car for 3000 miles at the time of install and they were torqued on real tight probably from the heat
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*

Last edited by FRSBRZGT86FAN; 03-31-2016 at 01:13 AM.
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:44 AM   #3
RavenFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
It will definitely fit, it's literally two 14 mm bolts to remove and 4 exhaust hangers. You then transfer over 2 hangers to the berk and use the included gasket and 15 mm bolts and nuts they supply.
Do you have any idea why they say it wouldn't fit ?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:20 AM   #4
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Do you have any idea why they say it wouldn't fit ?
They are super behind on what they list as compatible there is no reason the muffler delete shouldn't fit. The exhaust system is the same for all the years 2013-2016 there's been no change whatsoever I can guarantee it. I used to own this exhaust I can tell you it barely passes off as an exhaust system It's a pipe with two holes and no muffler and it only really sounds good and not droney if you don't mod the rest of the exhaust
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 03-31-2016, 01:35 AM   #5
RavenFish

Quote:
They are super behind on what they list as compatible there is no reason the muffler delete shouldn't fit. The exhaust system is the same for all the years 2013-2016 there's been no change whatsoever I can guarantee it. I used to own this exhaust I can tell you it barely passes off as an exhaust system It's a pipe with two holes and no muffler and it only really sounds good and not droney if you don't mod the rest of the exhaust
Is it good, did you have any trouble with police'?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:39 AM   #6
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Is it good, did you have any trouble with police'?

In PA I had no problems. @Pat.Thornton has it now and so do many others. It's not illegal loud it sounds very very good over stock and is much louder, but because you're in California they may be more strict about noise. In PA it's a bit below the 90 decibel sound limit if anyone were to check, but as soon as you get a UEL or EL, or front pipe, or mid pipe it will get louder to the point that legality may be a concern. If it's kept with a stock system and just the berk you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
RavenFish (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 01:53 AM   #7
RavenFish

Quote:
In PA I had no problems. @Pat.Thornton has it now and so do many others. It's not illegal loud it sounds very very good over stock and is much louder, but because you're in California they may be more strict about noise. In PA it's a bit below the 90 decibel sound limit if anyone were to check, but as soon as you get a UEL or EL, or front pipe, or mid pipe it will get louder to the point that legality may be a concern. If it's kept with a stock system and just the berk you'll be fine.
Thanks a lot Buddy I aprreciate it
The Following User Says Thank You to RavenFish For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (03-31-2016)