follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #113
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Drives: 2013 Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Check out our new line of coilovers!

This was the final prototype set installed on a 2012 STI. After dialing in the spring rates, we ended up with a slightly firm, yet very smooth and comfortable ride that is suitable for everything from daily driving to moderate track work. The car stays completely flat and planted through corners, yet offers enough give to soak up even major bumps. This is due to the high quality damper design which offers a softer profile for high frequency travel such as bumps and sharp edges on the road, but firms up for low frequency such as turn in compression. The dampers are single adjustable in 24 increments which allows you to dial them in to your liking. The ride height and pre-load are also independently adjustable. We have our recommended spring rates, but also offer custom options upon request.
These are currently available for all 2002-2015 WRX/STI, and all FR-S and BRZ models!

FYI, these are the same coilovers we've been running on our shop BRZ with exceptional results!

Pricing is $1495. Please contact us for any questions.
Attached Images

Ed @ EQ Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #114
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed @ EQ Tuning View Post
Check out our new line of coilovers!

This was the final prototype set installed on a 2012 STI. After dialing in the spring rates, we ended up with a slightly firm, yet very smooth and comfortable ride that is suitable for everything from daily driving to moderate track work. The car stays completely flat and planted through corners, yet offers enough give to soak up even major bumps. This is due to the high quality damper design which offers a softer profile for high frequency travel such as bumps and sharp edges on the road, but firms up for low frequency such as turn in compression. The dampers are single adjustable in 24 increments which allows you to dial them in to your liking. The ride height and pre-load are also independently adjustable. We have our recommended spring rates, but also offer custom options upon request.
These are currently available for all 2002-2015 WRX/STI, and all FR-S and BRZ models!

FYI, these are the same coilovers we've been running on our shop BRZ with exceptional results!

Pricing is $1495. Please contact us for any questions.
Sweet. Nice to see more options. Couple questions

1) Do they come with camber plates?
2) Min/max ride height?
3) Whats the rate you're running on the shop BRZ? What are the recommended rates?
4) Is dampening adjustment of rebound or compression? Or if both which does it favor?
5) Any shock dynos?

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
Ed @ EQ Tuning (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #115
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Sweet. Nice to see more options. Couple questions

1) Do they come with camber plates?
2) Min/max ride height?
3) Whats the rate you're running on the shop BRZ? What are the recommended rates?
4) Is dampening adjustment of rebound or compression? Or if both which does it favor?
5) Any shock dynos?

1) They do come with camber plates for the front.
2) I don't have exact numbers on ride height, but they can go higher than stock and down to tucking 17's. We also have a shorter spring option for people who want to really slam them.
3) We're running 10k front and rear on the shop BRZ. So far this has been perfect for track and its manageable on the street, though definitely stiff. For a street setup I would recommend 8k f/r.
4) The adjustment adjusts both rebound and compression but a bit more so on the compression side.
5) Sorry no shock dynos yet, but I'm working on getting the info from the manufacturer.

Thanks
-- Ed
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed @ EQ Tuning For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #116
mkivsoopra

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed @ EQ Tuning View Post
5) Sorry no shock dynos yet, but I'm working on getting the info from the manufacturer.

Thanks
-- Ed
Who makes it?
mkivsoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #117
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkivsoopra View Post
Who makes it?
Sorry but I can't release that info

All I can say is that these are a very nice quality coilover at a low-mid price point . I honestly wasn't expecting them to do this well especially with all the track abuse we've been throwing at them.

-- Ed
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed @ EQ Tuning For This Useful Post:
mkivsoopra (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #118
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Hey guys,

We're having a lot of interest in these already, so we're starting a group buy to get some discounts for everyone! We're shooting for 10 sets for the first price break and 15 sets for the next! Here is the list so far:

1. Derrick Antes
2. Ryan Nicholas
3. Patrick Garrett
Old 06-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #119
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Here is a quick video from yesterday at Buttonwillow. This shows a couple laps from the 4th session including a 1:56.9. In the 5th session I managed a 1:56.2 but my phone stopped recording for some reason. We'll grab the video from the GoPro later this week and do a little compilation.

Again, I'm very happy with how things went considering it was my first time at this track and only my 4th track event in this car. We ended up with the fastest time of the day overall by about 2 seconds. I still have a lot of work to do on my lines and I know a couple spots I can easily pick up time. I think I could do a 1:53 with more practice, but I'm thrilled with the results.

This was also a great test for our new EQ Coilovers! As I was figuring out the track, I made a lot of mistakes and the suspension took some serious knocks from a few very large burrums. The struts took them no problem and the car still drives and rides great. I'll try to dig up some videos of the messy first couple of sessions

Also, the car was driven nearly 4 hours to and from the track... no trailer queen here!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33kC-_6_hM"]EQ Tuning BRZ - Buttonwillow 6/28/15 - session 4 - YouTube[/ame]
Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #120
lite

Drives: FR-S RS1.0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Could you please tell me the apprx total cost for purchase/install/alignment (i am assuming you do alignments?). Been looking for recommendations for a one stop shop in my area but looks like I'm going to have to drive. You are about 3 hours away from me, could it be done in a day?

Thank you
lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #121
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite View Post
Could you please tell me the apprx total cost for purchase/install/alignment (i am assuming you do alignments?). Been looking for recommendations for a one stop shop in my area but looks like I'm going to have to drive. You are about 3 hours away from me, could it be done in a day?

Thank you
Hi, we can get it all done in one day no problem. Coilovers (including camber plates), install, and alignment is $1900.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 07-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #122
Patrick@EQTuning

Drives: Never Ending Bugeye WRX
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fender Rolling Service Available!

EQT does offer fender rolling services! Ed does the fender rolling himself. We charge $75/corner.

by Patrick Garrett, on Flickr
Patrick@EQTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #123
Patrick@EQTuning

Drives: Never Ending Bugeye WRX
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
This past weekend I took our BRZ to the Hot Import Nights San Jose car show and it was featured under the Valvoline tent. It was a great show and it featured a lot of nice, custom machines! We had a great time out there and there was plenty of stuff going on to keep us busy all evening. Here are some cell phone pics I snapped while I was out there!

Untitled by Patrick Garrett, on Flickr

Patrick@EQTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 AM   #124
toby714

Drives: whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
pm in regards to koyo radiator and sbd turbo! =D
toby714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #125
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby714 View Post
pm in regards to koyo radiator and sbd turbo! =D
Replied

-- Ed
Old 08-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #126
Ed @ EQ Tuning

Here is a beautiful 2015 BRZ. This car came in for a header and overpipe install along with a custom tune. The car came out really nice with a very flat torque curve. The pink curve is tuned with modifications and the blue curve is a stock baseline.

Thanks
-- Ed
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ed @ EQ Tuning For This Useful Post:
Keenercarguy (05-10-2016), Plxdjake89 (11-17-2015), Strife26 (11-05-2015), TofuJoe (06-02-2018)