follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #29
2016 Camaro SS

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
thanks! i've already destroyed a set of vband clamps. possible from over tightening them.
Repeated use also destroys them, but yes, you have to be careful with overtightening. When it starts to take some effort to tighten it, that's when you stop, otherwise you'll bend the little metal bar in the clamp.

I ended up ordering 3 extra clamps before I finally got everything aligned. Still really happy with the exhaust though. I get compliments all the time.
2016 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #30
Tyrant

Drives: 2014 BRZ Satin White Pearl Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
success! I was able to get it most perfect. I'm off by only a few millimeter. I had to remove all vbands including the two bolts holding the mid pipe to front pipe. I aligned the muffler up and moved the s pipe to match up without moving the muffler while tighten the vband. Next I moved up stream and tighten the s and mid pipe without moving the s. and finally, slowly bolt up the front pipe pipe evenly. You have to be very slow while tightening and torquing. Having a screw jack stand to raise the height of the front pipe to match the mid pipe really helps.

Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote