follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #15
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyG View Post
add seat covers that you have to look at, and also not enjoy your seats, just so the next owner has nice new leather and alcantara?

Its like hmmm, I have a Girlfriend but no way in hell im sleeping with her, have to keep her nice and new.....so the next guy can enjoy it
Nah, it's more like... gotta wrap it up cuz you don't want to enjoy it w/o something in-between...
Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #16
Llilith
Witchy one

Drives: 2015 BRZ Ltd, Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznatama View Post
Get a glass tabletop cover ;-)

I usually don't pay any particular attention besides leather cleaner/conditioner on the leather parts, and a damp cloth/vacuum to the alcantara parts. Never had a problem. Then again, I'm pretty careful not to spill stuff in my car and rarely eat in my car.

the Alcantara provides nice grip and feel to the seats, so I wouldn't cover it up if I were you. Just take care of it and you'll be fine. Interiors are a pain in the arse to keep clean, but easy to keep nice looking since you pretty much control most of what happens inside. Exterior is the opposite, easy to clean, hard to keep nice (rocks, poop, dings, etc.). =/
Thanks. I don't have the 'thank you' button yet. I think you are all right - no seat covers. It's true, the leather and alcantara is really beautiful so I'm just going to be careful and enjoy it. Glass on the dining table, good idea.

I love this car!!!
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #17
Budo

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I love this car too. I have always wondered, since 86's seats have two zippers up the back of each, just how easy it would be to simply put new stock covers on as replacements, if one had to.

Happy driving.

Budo
Budo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:19 AM   #18
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budo View Post
Yes, I love this car too. I have always wondered, since 86's seats have two zippers up the back of each, just how easy it would be to simply put new stock covers on as replacements, if one had to.

Happy driving.

Budo
I think that only applies to the FRS w/ cloth seats... I haven't checked closely, but I don't remember any zippers for the leather seats.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #19
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
WARNING FOR ANYONE WITH HEATED SEATS - RESEARCH BEFORE PUTTING COVERS ON!!!

Yes, I'm shouting, but I've seen cases of fires started bc the owner put seat covers on a heated seat. You don't want to burn your car down bc you were trying to keep your stock seats from getting messed up. Some covers may be able to go on heated seats, I don't know. Also if the car has any sort of seat mounted side airbag, you probably can't use covers. (I haven't looked to see if the BRZ has or not.)
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote