follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-07-2015, 03:09 PM   #253
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERM^ View Post
I was on a ep3 forum before when I drove an EP obviously. It was a good place too. I do think people who buy similar cars have similarities of taste and even personality. The 86 owners just tend to be more sporty than rice, more modding than "souped up". There for although everyone is subjective, they happen to be more on par. Try posting a 86 with neon lights, flame vinyls and 2 meter wide spoilers and say you think it's so cool, you'll get made fun of so much here.
I have nothing against what anybody wants to do to their car but do reserve the right to make jokes about it!
It is how the person posting such things deals with the jokes that decides the outcome.

The guys that post that stuff and take the initial razzing and jokes in the light in which it is (usually) intended will fit in and eventually get the support they are looking for.
Good example - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78806 Although Aero started out a bit snarky once he clued in that most (there are some true jerks as well) were just razzing him he was fine.

Those that come in, post some weird (by majority standards) shit and then get all bent out of shape when people joke well... they just don't last too long. If they do stick around it is more in a "trollish" role then for any good reason. These people seem to have such inner anger and angst that they have no idea when people are joking and respond to every single comment as if it was an attack. I get that it can be difficult to determine between a joke, light sarcasm (humour) and dark sarcasm (hurtful) in the printed word but some of the jokes made are so outlandish I just don't see how they could be mistaken for anything in a serious tone.

I don't think it is any big secret that I like to joke around, enjoy the camaraderie of the site and enjoy the company of others that do the same and I know there are many out there that share this position.
Yes, the sharing of information is a main point of any forum but how many times do people have to post "me too" or give yet another identical answer (with minor wording difference) to every question posed without any other social intercourse?
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #254
Sovereign
Legend

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has this been resolved OP?
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #255
sdwagonjp

Drives: 2015 Fr-s Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
Please learn to use proper grammar and punctuation. Your posts are very hard to comprehend.
Ah the old grammar comeback.

Wtf is going on around here!
sdwagonjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #256
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwagonjp View Post
Ah the old grammar comeback.

Wtf is going on around here!
Could have went with a more intelligent reply, but given the way he posts, it would have been a waste of time as it would have went "whoooooosh"
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #257
Marco_86

Drives: 14' Frs Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
So unlike your drunk ass I don't have the time to follow you around and comment on every one of your comments Since unlike you I actually have a life and have other things to do besides hang out on a loser car forum. But you know what as long as I'm here. GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!
God damn did he bone your mom or something?
Marco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #258
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_86 View Post
God damn did he bone your mom or something?
Nah, I had the audacity of calling him out on something so he went on a multi thread stalking spree with a bunch of "insults" using stuff well out of context.
I did start to get exhausted from all the f...ing myself that he told me to do though!
Marco_86 (01-08-2015), TnRen41 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 03:35 AM   #259
TnRen41

Drives: 14' Asphalt FR-S MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Nah, I had the audacity of calling him out on something so he went on a multi thread stalking spree with a bunch of "insults" using stuff well out of context.
I did start to get exhausted from all the f...ing myself that he told me to do though!
I've been stalking this thread for a while now bc the ops situation is interesting. Little did I know the excitement that would come today and reading the Tcoat and bickle back story and following it through the threads was hilarious and I just wanted to say thanks you 2 you have officially made my day better. Now back to op situation I want to know what has happened to said haters.

Failure is not an option.
TnRen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TnRen41 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-09-2015)
Old 01-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #260
bdbx18

Drives: Present MDX, Civic Hybrid, BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about the crap with the haters.

My son inherited my 06 Civic when he got his license as a HS Junior. With the first few months, someone has been messing with his car, wipers lifted up, egged, paper note. Among others which he has not informed us to not worry us. Subsequently, a crack on the windshield from what really looks like a blow to the lower edge of the screen. The blow on the windshield is on HS parking grounds while the others were on the main street outside the school grounds.

I've driven past the school on my way to work, checked out the spot he parks at, seeing if someone else could be irked at him taking his spot of if he is incorrectly parked. And so has my wife. His running buddies have also parked and stayed in their cars staking out but all to no avail. The school and the police were notified but nothing came about. I started looking into dashcams and was deciding about getting two to front and back facing. That's when I realized we're getting victimized again for a few hundred bucks plus installs.

At the end of the day, the hater went away, I fixed the windshield for $300 while carwashes and a good polish took care of the rest. I hope you and your son will get to the same path.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:07 AM   #261
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@GLADIATOR, strange coincidence this afternoon while stopped in line at an intersection next to the local high school parking lot. While thinking of your experience I looked over at the moment someone 100' away in a hoodie kicked in the door of a newer small car, possibly a Civic, while maybe believing he was hidden by the SUV next to him.

He looked up and saw me, then burst out laughing and smiling, walking directly toward me and then walked on the adjacent sidewalk. He simply didn't care, knowing I wasn't recording him and knew I wasn't about to confront him or ID him since his face was pretty well covered by his hoodie. Instead, he pointed his phone at me to video/photo. Wierd.

There were many more expensive cars in the lot so I'm guessing it was an act targeted against another student. Enraging to say the least. I hope the victim had a motion activated dashcam.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
GLADIATOR (01-17-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 01:23 AM   #262
sdwagonjp

Drives: 2015 Fr-s Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
You parents ever ask your kids if they are starting problems? I def did stuff when I was in high school that my parents never knew about. Obviously everyone is different.
sdwagonjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #263
GLADIATOR

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
There's so much cringe in this thread. @GLADIATOR as I'm a young buck myself (23) it's not so far off that I was a shithead teenager. When someone acts like a douche in highschool, it's most often handled outside the rulebook. There'd be fights, intimidation and rarely, vandalism.

I've been on both sides of that, and when something would happen to me, I'd most often make myself out to be the shining angel to my parents and it was always a random act of aggression against me, because I'd never do anything wrong or upset someone else. But, my parents weren't so naive to believe that. Are you that naive?

I imagine your son, while probably a nice kid (honestly, no sarcasm in that), he probably likes to talk about his fancy car. And in doing so, he may or may not rub it into the faces of the less fortunate kids who don't have the luxury of having their parents buy them a car, let alone a 23k dollar car.

I also went to school with tons of kids who had baller cars and for me it sucked to listen to them brag about the cars that their parents bought for them, when my parents wouldn't even buy me a bus pass. I was in a similar situation as your son, I worked 2 jobs during the school year (car wash and the Canadian Armed Forces as a reservist @Tcoat the army sucks lol) and one during the summer (full time contracts with the army) I also played hockey, volleyball and rugby on my school's teams and I played rep hockey for the city I live in. I made honour roll and I got an award for my construction and cabinet making class. I knew I was lucky when my dad would work midnights and I was able to drive his car (a pimpin' 2004 Toyota Camry, I regret totalling it after I BOUGHT it from him). However, not once did I ever think about damaging someone else's property when they were douches. So, maybe your son is just a super douche...
It's possible he is a douche...one time when he was in 4th grade, he needed me to take him to school to get a textbook he forgot. We walked down the hall and he said in his innocent squeaky little boy voice, "Wait here Dad. I will get my book." I still followed him out of curiosity and listened outside as he spoke to his teacher in this deep manly voice "Oh hi Ms. #####, I forgot my text book. Have a good night." I thought to myself, "Who is this little fucker?" When I saw him walk out I said "I don't even know you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
Has this been resolved OP?
My son parks in another lot. Damage has stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbx18 View Post
Sorry to hear about the crap with the haters.

My son inherited my 06 Civic when he got his license as a HS Junior. With the first few months, someone has been messing with his car, wipers lifted up, egged, paper note. Among others which he has not informed us to not worry us. Subsequently, a crack on the windshield from what really looks like a blow to the lower edge of the screen. The blow on the windshield is on HS parking grounds while the others were on the main street outside the school grounds.

I've driven past the school on my way to work, checked out the spot he parks at, seeing if someone else could be irked at him taking his spot of if he is incorrectly parked. And so has my wife. His running buddies have also parked and stayed in their cars staking out but all to no avail. The school and the police were notified but nothing came about. I started looking into dashcams and was deciding about getting two to front and back facing. That's when I realized we're getting victimized again for a few hundred bucks plus installs.

At the end of the day, the hater went away, I fixed the windshield for $300 while carwashes and a good polish took care of the rest. I hope you and your son will get to the same path.
I feel your pain brah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
@GLADIATOR, strange coincidence this afternoon while stopped in line at an intersection next to the local high school parking lot. While thinking of your experience I looked over at the moment someone 100' away in a hoodie kicked in the door of a newer small car, possibly a Civic, while maybe believing he was hidden by the SUV next to him.

He looked up and saw me, then burst out laughing and smiling, walking directly toward me and then walked on the adjacent sidewalk. He simply didn't care, knowing I wasn't recording him and knew I wasn't about to confront him or ID him since his face was pretty well covered by his hoodie. Instead, he pointed his phone at me to video/photo. Wierd.

There were many more expensive cars in the lot so I'm guessing it was an act targeted against another student. Enraging to say the least. I hope the victim had a motion activated dashcam.
Straight up douchebag that can't wait to jerk himself off and takes out their pent up sexual frustration on the first thing they see...a car in a parking lot.

As for the derailing bickering in this thread...

GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #264
ducky369

Drives: 2014 Frs
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Haters gonna Hate...vandalism on our FR-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
It's possible he is a douche...one time when he was in 4th grade, he needed me to take him to school to get a textbook he forgot. We walked down the hall and he said in his innocent squeaky little boy voice, "Wait here Dad. I will get my book." I still followed him out of curiosity and listened outside as he spoke to his teacher in this deep manly voice "Oh hi Ms. #####, I forgot my text book. Have a good night." I thought to myself, "Who is this little fucker?" When I saw him walk out I said "I don't even know you."

He'd probably had a crush on his teacher and wanted to flirt in his deep manly voice /winkwink
ducky369 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ducky369 For This Useful Post:
GLADIATOR (01-17-2015)
Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #265
GLADIATOR

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys. I think I finally have closure. I just found out the scumbag that I am certain was vandalising our FR-S was expelled from school for drugs.

The end.
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GLADIATOR For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #266
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Wait, did you kneecap this guy?

Throat punch, nut kick, break the nose, tie him up cover him in honey and place him in the middle of the woods?

If not, you didn't get closure.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote