follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

View Poll Results: Overlay VS Replacement
Overlay (slightly bigger than recess/hole and cannot fit inside) 24 21.62%
Replacement (direct replacement and fits perfectly inside the recess/hole) 87 78.38%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 01-07-2015, 01:27 AM   #43
IgnitionGundam

Drives: Silver Ignition Gundam
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I definitely agree this is alot better than all the other stuff. I had this idea a long time ago to match my back emblem. Just been searching so long for it to be available. Much thanks to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M23 View Post
@IgnitionGundam: Amazing!

Looks much better than all the other hacked, cut-pleather & junkyard-emblems out there. Definitely the cleanest and most oem looking "T" logo/emblem option. Glad to see my idea actually got made successfully (I am fdmn lol).
Old 01-07-2015, 01:33 AM   #44
IgnitionGundam

Drives: Silver Ignition Gundam
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSHunter View Post
If only the black part of it looked more grayish matte
The "T" is actually ridged so of you really wanted to go out of your way, you can cover up the black part by buying a any color/type sheet of vinyl and cutting it along the edges.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #45
fritzburg

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Just bought mine! Whoop!
fritzburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #46
Sugi

Drives: 2015 FR-S - Halo
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzburg View Post
Just bought mine! Whoop!
From?
Sugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #47
knewsom32

Drives: Scion FR-S
Send a message via AIM to knewsom32 Send a message via Yahoo to knewsom32
They're already on FT86SpeedFactory?
knewsom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #48
M23
Banned

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
They're already on FT86SpeedFactory?
Yes, I just noticed today/recently they are now selling them.

Feel free to buy it from them; they're one of the best (if not The best) 86 shops today! They just happened to buy it (can't blame 'em; it's just a product) from the manufacture that got the idea from me and actually made them. It's obvious who the person is behind this idea that has been pushing it from the get go (it wouldn't have been made without me; or, it would've been made much differently, perhaps with a 3D "T" or something ricey and non-oem looking).

I now realize and accept the fact, that there will be absolutely no reward/return given to me for my idea. At least we all have a nice steering wheel emblem option now and I hope everyone enjoys it

I'm not really too surprised, I guess "that's business" and I know it happens all the time, unfortunately - good/decent ideas get taken by a company with no reward to the person that thought of it. Oh well, that's life, lol.

Last edited by M23; 01-14-2015 at 01:00 AM.
M23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #49
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Feel free to buy it from them; they're one of the best (if not The best) 86 shops today! They just happened to buy it (can't blame 'em; it's just a product) from the manufacture that got the idea from me and actually made them. It's obvious who the person is behind this idea that has been pushing it from the get go (it wouldn't have been made without me; or, it would've been made much differently, perhaps with a 3D "T" or something ricey and non-oem looking).

I now realize and accept the fact, that there will be absolutely no reward/return given to me for my idea. At least we all have a nice steering wheel emblem option now and I hope everyone enjoys it

I'm not really too surprised, I guess "that's business" and I know it happens all the time, unfortunately - good/decent ideas get taken by a company with no reward to the person that thought of it. Oh well, that's life, lol.

If anyone, the manufacturer or the companies, would like to cut me in on the business deals, or even give me royalties, related to this particular emblem, then feel free to PM me directly through here, or email me: ...but, I'm not expecting anything, lol.

ill buy you a full bag of cookies

Last edited by 8R6; 01-14-2015 at 11:25 AM.
8R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8R6 For This Useful Post:
eurominican (04-03-2015), M23 (01-14-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #50
Tenament05

Drives: fast
Quote:

If anyone, the manufacturer or the companies, would like to cut me in on the business deals, or even give me royalties, related to this particular emblem, then feel free to PM me directly through here, or email me: REDACTED ...but, I'm not expecting anything, lol.

Not to rain on you while it's already storming out, but no idea is truly original. Also, a cornerstone of commerce is that it is not a question of IF, but WHEN a need will be filled.

Unless you specifically own IP to the toyota emblem or hold the copyright/patent to this idea it's moot brotha. Thanks for being an inspiration, though. That's worth more than money.

Last edited by Tenament05; 01-14-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Tenament05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #51
M23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT86 View Post
ill buy you a full bag of cookies
Yes please. Krispy Kreme's would be good too.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 AM   #52
M23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenament05 View Post
Not to rain on you while it's already storming out, but no idea is truly original. Also, a cornerstone of commerce is that it is not a question of IF, but WHEN a need will be filled.

Unless you specifically own IP to the toyota emblem or hold the copyright/patent to this idea it's moot brotha. Thanks for being an inspiration, though. That's worth more than money.
Yes, I see your point. Obviously it was a matter of "when."

But... the 2D idea (like on the 2002 Scion; which was the only Toyota car that had a 2D T) was mine. Without me ever mentioning it, it 98% surely would have been made with the more typical and ever-present 3D style T logo, if it was ever going to be made. But ya..it doesn't matter if it was my idea or not - It's like patting myself on the back or gloating about it - pointless.

But yeah...the logo is a humongous corporation's property anyways.

I guess the only way I could've actually made any money on this - is that if I would have never posted about it, never shared it with and emailed emblem companies about my idea, forked out money to have it made, and then sold them myself out of the blue without anyone ever expecting it.

Oh well. I was and always am broke..so investing a few thousand dollars to design, produce, ship, etc the emblem was not ever going to happen anyways. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, right?

Like already stated ...at least we all have a nice steering wheel emblem option now
Old 01-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #53
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I guess the only way I could've actually made any money on this - is that if I would have never posted about it, never shared it with and emailed emblem companies about my idea, forked out money to have it made, and then sold them myself out of the blue without anyone ever expecting it.
welcome to the industry. lol
Old 01-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #54
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
@M23

This is deff my favorite option I have seen. However, I would like to see a matte silver and black version of this like the original Scion logo. The matte black dash, steering wheel and silver plastic interior isn't shiny. Personally I think the shiny-ness of this badge stands out too much. You can take this idea of mine and make it happen. lol
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
M23 (01-14-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 03:39 PM   #55
M23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
@M23

This is deff my favorite option I have seen. However, I would like to see a matte silver and black version of this like the original Scion logo. The matte black dash, steering wheel and silver plastic interior isn't shiny. Personally I think the shiny-ness of this badge stands out too much. You can take this idea of mine and make it happen. lol
Good idea...but then it would need to be the same plastic/pleather texture for it to truly match (if black) and also a perfect black shade match (there's a million diff shades of black..might be hard to match nicely). Or, at least coated in a thin plastic/pleather. Matte silver would be nice too (close to the oem scion emblem's silver color..with maybe a matte black background) ...but, a full matte black color (entire emblem, both background and ovals) is a better idea imo, with a super thin plastic/pleather texture/coating that closely matches that of the rest of the airbag..that would be swell
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #56
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
@M23

Sorry bro. FT-86 Speedfactory must be reading these posts.

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...rlay-1957.html
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
M23 (01-22-2015)