follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #211
Speeding

Drives: 10 Series -- Scion FR-S.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Vigilante justice HOORAHHHH!
Not sure if you read all the posts on this thread or just picked and choose what you wanted to hear.
So you just run off and shoot yourself some bad guys and I will wait for the news reports of some innocent kid or some redneck with a gun getting killed.
In the mean time I will happily remain in a country where due process, proper investigation and innocent until proven guilty remain the norm not the exception.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77836

Yay! Everything I wrote here didn't post.. Wasted 45 minutes, and not typing it all again. Thankfully the day's slow here. I'll address a few of your concerns.

BTW... stop with the name calling. The OP's not a stalker, and I'm no redneck. K, thanks

I've never shot anyone, and wanted to scare the people who robbed and vandalized my vehicle. At the time it was the only thing of value I owned, and I was ticked off that the police weren't going to help. I did say that my situation was years ago, was a mistake on my part, and I also wrote to never follow my stupid actions. It could have ended up very badly.

I only chimed in at all to point out how the OP's going about this the right way after apparently getting little help from the authorities. There's no need to start calling him a stalker. I actually wish that I lived in a place where police will actively pursue car dents. If you do, I'm jealous, congrats!

The last thing is that I didn't pick and choose, re-reading my comments shows me writing that I hadn't finished reading the thread. I definitely didn't pick and choose what I wanted to hear. I only chimed in at all because the OP was unfairly being called a stalker.

In summation, the OP is not a stalker, and definitely within his rights to sit somewhere and watch his vehicle. Following the suspect around is completely different. That would be stalking.

*copied and crossing fingers for this one to post
Speeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #212
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Ok, I do apologize for getting so heavy but as you will have seen throughout this debacle of a thread I was simply trying to keep a perspective.
I know for a fact (as an Army range Officer) that many shootings are followed by the comments "I didn't mean too) and "I was only trying to scare them"
There has not ever been one fact or piece of hard evidence that the "suspect" ever did a thing.
Hiding in cars and watching somebody is stalking no matter what the reason. I have little doubt that if the OP had thought following him would have had value he would have.
His actions in watching the kid put himself and his wife in danger. Who knows how the kid or his parents could have reacted.
The damage is so slight that it could have happened anywhere. As I stated already my car is covered in dings and chips, including two on the hood (well three now) but they are from everyday wear and tear and I am not looking to blame anybody.
We don't know the OPs son and his assertions that he is the perfect kid could be way off base. He could be out hooning everyday before or after school and that would make the miniscule dings the OP describes his fault. As OP may have a temper (I don't know that either) perhaps blaming somebody else is his only defense.

Many seem to miss all this and immediately say ya the other kid is bad and did this.

Look at it this way if it helps to clarify what I am trying to say:

Your 17 year old son is an average student, has never caused you any grief and is overall a pretty good kid.
He comes home one day and says this other kid is telling everybody that he dented his car. He swears he had nothing to do with it and you believe him.
He comes home the next day and says that the other kids dad was in the school parking lot staring him down. It scared him and made him nervous.
He comes home again the next day and says that the guy parked his car in the school lot and he thinks there was somebody in the back seat watching him.
Now everybody in the school knows about the crap going down and start hassling your son (remember he didn't do a thing). One guy in particular is giving him a really hard time so he leaves on day and kicks that guy's car (not right but he is frustrated).
What are you as a parent gonna do?

Now my little scenario is pure fiction but it also contains exactly the same amount of fact and evidence that the OP has been going on I accusing the kid.

OK, once again I will leave this thread alone (should never have come back in the first place)
Old 12-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #213
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding View Post
Yay! Everything I wrote here didn't post.. Wasted 45 minutes, and not typing it all again. Thankfully the day's slow here. I'll address a few of your concerns.

BTW... stop with the name calling. The OP's not a stalker, and I'm no redneck. K, thanks

I've never shot anyone, and wanted to scare the people who robbed and vandalized my vehicle. At the time it was the only thing of value I owned, and I was ticked off that the police weren't going to help. I did say that my situation was years ago, was a mistake on my part, and I also wrote to never follow my stupid actions. It could have ended up very badly.

I only chimed in at all to point out how the OP's going about this the right way after apparently getting little help from the authorities. There's no need to start calling him a stalker. I actually wish that I lived in a place where police will actively pursue car dents. If you do, I'm jealous, congrats!

The last thing is that I didn't pick and choose, re-reading my comments shows me writing that I hadn't finished reading the thread. I definitely didn't pick and choose what I wanted to hear. I only chimed in at all because the OP was unfairly being called a stalker.

In summation, the OP is not a stalker, and definitely within his rights to sit somewhere and watch his vehicle. Following the suspect around is completely different. That would be stalking.

*copied and crossing fingers for this one to post
I am in agreement with you. Just because you (the people) hire someone to do a job full time, such as a police force, does not remove your right to personally uphold and enforce the laws, and ensure the protection of your rights and property. The idea that someone who does this is a vigilante (undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority) is ludicrous, as observed through the lawful practice of citizens arrest.

*edit: although I'll be the first to agree that just because something is legal/illegal, does not make it Just or correct, only tolerated by the majority. Not that I disagree with the practice of citizens arrest, just the concept that if the law sais so, then it is right. The law used to say that It was illegal to teach black people to read, that it was illegal for women to vote, that it was illegal to be gay or to marry outside of your race. Only through the adaptation of social norms have laws become what they are now, and there are still plenty of laws that exist that don't pass the smell test. If observing your property at a time you suspect it to be vandalized is stalking, then setting up a camera in a bank is stalking, and as police are not above the law, then, when they go on a stake out they are also stalking.

Last edited by Target70; 12-04-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Target70 For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (12-04-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #214
GLADIATOR

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
Any update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Opinions aside, I'm sure everyone would like to know from the OP if there has been closure on this.
My son started parking in another parking lot. Damage stopped. Since the police said we couldn't get in trouble, My wife was stopping around noon just to check on the car. Turns out there are two douchbags that leave at the same time. They final noticed my wife one day. One of the DBs tried getting as close as possible to her SUV to "scare' her. They know we are on to them.

As far as hard evidence: My wife saw the suspect kick another car. It does us no good for our car.

The car: I am waiting until spring to get the dents pulled. I gotta hook up with a buddy who is a sales manager at a car dealer. Gonna use his guy.

As far as all the "theories"? Thanks, for making this an interesting thread. You are wrong.

We and our FR-S are victims. I am a believer of Karma.....and, Karma is a bitch!!

GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GLADIATOR For This Useful Post:
fatalelement (12-07-2014), Strife26 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #215
sdwagonjp

Drives: 2015 Fr-s Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting thread.
sdwagonjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #216
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Still not enough proof they did it but okey dokey
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-06-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #217
dnieves

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die$eL View Post
Amazing that people do things like this on a regular basis it seems

In South Africa you are more likely to have your car stolen than vandalized

Most times you are genuinely surprised to find your car still where you parked it

I own a Toyota Fortuner. In Pretoria, apparently there are 36 stolen per day. That just one city... Considering selling it now...
It must be a beautiful country but with the rampant crime is it worth living there?
dnieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #218
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Vigilante justice HOORAHHHH!
Not sure if you read all the posts on this thread or just picked and choose what you wanted to hear.
So you just run off and shoot yourself some bad guys and I will wait for the news reports of some innocent kid or some redneck with a gun getting killed.
In the mean time I will happily remain in a country where due process, proper investigation and innocent until proven guilty remain the norm not the exception.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77836
Here in Texas its not vigilante justice
If you are in your car it is considered your domicile. You are allowed to protect yourself from criminals breaking into your domicile.
If someone breaks into your car while your in it you can shoot them.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #219
wootwoot

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Here in Texas its not vigilante justice
If you are in your car it is considered your domicile. You are allowed to protect yourself from criminals breaking into your domicile.
If someone breaks into your car while your in it you can shoot them.
God I love Texas....
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wootwoot For This Useful Post:
Amaya (01-05-2015), Tcoat (12-10-2014)
Old 01-05-2015, 02:40 AM   #220
Die$eL

Drives: Toyota MR2 Spyder Turbo
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnieves View Post
It must be a beautiful country but with the rampant crime is it worth living there?
On the one hand you think, with all of the crime its better to just immigrate but on the other, there are many great things about the country.

I suppose every place has its own problems.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #221
Gearbanger

Drives: Lexus is300 celica gts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
i love these stories
Old 01-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #222
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
They hate us, cause they anus!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (01-05-2015), GLADIATOR (01-17-2015), Marco_86 (01-05-2015), mmmcambelsoup (01-06-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #223
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
They hate us, cause they anus!
They're friggin peanut butter and jealous!
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
mmmcambelsoup (01-06-2015), tahdizzle (01-05-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #224
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die$eL View Post
On the one hand you think, with all of the crime its better to just immigrate but on the other, there are many great things about the country.

I suppose every place has its own problems.
Immigrate to Texas.
Get shot because you touched a car!