follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #71
dizzario
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothespaceman View Post
I've meet a couple other enthusiast owners in the area, but the vast majority that I see on the road seem to be a bunch of swag yolo kids that finally upgraded from beat up 240's.

...dude I'm in the capital of swag yolo kids. FEEL MYT PAIN. hahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
I painted my own rims in San Diego... That makes me a poser..? Or worse a bro..? they aren't done but look nice enough till they get them powder coated. With that said the FRS scene as a whole is following every other car scene that comes from inexpensive new good looking Japanese sports cars. There's always gonna be the people who chop the springs and ghetto paint the wheels with any car the only reason that it flourishes in this community is how accessible this car is. Were you perfect when you first modified your first S chassis? Time, money, knowledge those are the things you need to build a sick car most people only have two when you are new you might not have any. Live and learn. Besides those stance dudes screw them and their stupid unsafe camber.
No! There's not one damning factor that condemns you to a certain stereotype. It's a collection of things and I was only using this as an example. Others include buying a carbon fiber hood with a thousand vents in it when you're bone stock. Again, it's the owner's choice...but you have to understand what it looks like to some other, older people in the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEm View Post
I need to warn you, Autocross is addictive, you will be hooked for life

Here is this years schedule: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/
I've honestly been pussing out because the prospect of buying multiple sets of tires makes me fear a divorce would follow shortly hahahah.
dizzario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizzario For This Useful Post:
mothespaceman (07-01-2014), suaveflooder (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #72
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzario View Post
there's a difference between whiney brat and disgruntled manchild lol. Like I said I know how it sounds.
HAHA! Fair enough! I think you are going to get along well with this bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
I painted my own rims in San Diego... That makes me a poser..? Or worse a bro..? they aren't done but look nice enough till they get them powder coated. With that said the FRS scene as a whole is following every other car scene that comes from inexpensive new good looking Japanese sports cars. There's always gonna be the people who chop the springs and ghetto paint the wheels with any car the only reason that it flourishes in this community is how accessible this car is. Were you perfect when you first modified your first S chassis? Time, money, knowledge those are the things you need to build a sick car most people only have two when you are new you might not have any. Live and learn. Besides those stance dudes screw them and their stupid unsafe camber.
Tracy, not many turbo 86's here in SD, and those rims are "the sex" when I saw them!

Quote:
I've honestly been pussing out because the prospect of buying multiple sets of tires makes me fear a divorce would follow shortly hahahah.
In the same boat, my friend. I'll get out there soon, hopfully. Good news is you have people like Bob, Hooman and Eric to take you for a ride

Hope to see you Saturday. Skipping C&C. I'll be watching these guys at the stadium
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #73
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
If you end up in Northern FL you'll still be fucked. I just came from there. Where are you now?
lol I need to go for hurlburt fld then, that is one of the bases i have on the "dream sheet" atm. Its been getting humid af over here which is making not want to go to FL cause i already hate humidity and if its as bad in florida as it is here Fuck that Cali here i come.

Right now Im stationed in oklahoma. Currently deployed. 4 more weeks though!
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #74
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I rarely see any other owners on the road and haven't been to a meet so I dunno. I see maybe 1 per week at best. And usually stock.

The one modified car I seen was a hellaflush kid with stickers all over, bouncing on bumps and swerving but maybe he was avoiding pot holes? I wasn't in my BRZ so I'm sure he didn't notice me lol
Old 07-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #75
dizzario
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS_FIEND View Post
lol I need to go for hurlburt fld then, that is one of the bases i have on the "dream sheet" atm. Its been getting humid af over here which is making not want to go to FL cause i already hate humidity and if its as bad in florida as it is here Fuck that Cali here i come.

Right now Im stationed in oklahoma. Currently deployed. 4 more weeks though!

Dude if you hate humidity you will NOT want to go to FL. My cousin is on that base. That's the AFSOC one. I used to drive 45min North from Pensacola to see him on the weekends. The Gulf Coast is awesome if you like tropical beaches and storms but as far as the car scene goes it's next to nothing in the Northern areas. You would have to head to Southern FL to see any action. I'd actually go back to FL, though. I think my time in CA is near a close. I can't stand this lifestyle after being in the South...I'd go back to a different station in FL if I could.
dizzario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #76
IloveBaldEagles

Drives: Gray.
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
This is awesome. I feel like (in CA at least) it's viewed as competition...a 'need' to stand out. Just be you and enjoy it. Don't rush it and do a hack job. I fully realize my hypocrisy because for the most part I try to live with a "don't fucking worry about other people" attitude and when you see me in person I'm not gonna start spewing my bullshit all over you. I'm only talking here because this is a forum and that's what it's for.

Someone on here said it best: people keep making the FRS just another Scion.
No dude, its happening here. Buy the cheapest thing now and throw on car so that I can complain about it for 6 months at least before doing something about it. Then there are those who take it all about loyalty, respect... When did the car scene become about loyalty? Loyal to who? You? And my area people are making the FRS just another Scion...
IloveBaldEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #77
JasperNoone
Banned

Drives: Car
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveBaldEagles View Post
No dude, its happening here. Buy the cheapest thing now and throw on car so that I can complain about it for 6 months at least before doing something about it. Then there are those who take it all about loyalty, respect... When did the car scene become about loyalty? Loyal to who? You? And my area people are making the FRS just another Scion...
Low cost of entry, low quality of intelligence.
JasperNoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #78
frsgal

Drives: 2014 FRS, Ultramarine Blue!
Garage
@dizzario everyone has already said it, but we have a great group here. I don't have money or the knowledge for performance mods yet, so this year is just getting my car to look how I want it to look. I enjoy canyon runs and have done quite a few I'm hoping to play around with autocross a bit while my car is stock so I can learn what I like and build accordingly. In the interim, I'm an information sponge and learning all I can from these awesome folks, building friendships, and enjoying our little slice of 86 paradise.

I hope you don't give up on us here! Hope to see you around
frsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #79
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Garage
Quote:
Dude if you hate humidity you will NOT want to go to FL. My cousin is on that base. That's the AFSOC one. I used to drive 45min North from Pensacola to see him on the weekends. The Gulf Coast is awesome if you like tropical beaches and storms but as far as the car scene goes it's next to nothing in the Northern areas. You would have to head to Southern FL to see any action. I'd actually go back to FL, though. I think my time in CA is near a close. I can't stand this lifestyle after being in the South...I'd go back to a different station in FL if I could.
Alright thanks for the heads up!! Oh for real well your lucky bro I would do anything to be able to be stationed in san diego (my hometown) I joined the wrong branch haha we have no stations in san diego. That sucks to hear bro cali has a great lifestyle.
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #80
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Any community for cars that young men can afford will be rife with "yolo bros", always been the case and always will be the case.

I've seen it so many times back when huge meets were popular, every group is full of young men trying to be cool and spending every last cent of their Starbucks income on whatever used parts show up on the forum. Civics, Cobalts, Integras, Fox Mustangs, Proteges, etc.

Hell, I was one of them back in the day when a painted engine cover was a "mod".
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote