follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #113
Touge86

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ M/T
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just returned from a year-long study abroad program in Japan. I'm from Camarillo and typically drive out to malibu nightly for some driving. If anyone ever wants to go let me know. ^_^
Old 05-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #114
WarthogBrz

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge86 View Post
Just returned from a year-long study abroad program in Japan. I'm from Camarillo and typically drive out to malibu nightly for some driving. If anyone ever wants to go let me know. ^_^
I go through Malibu nightly on my way home from work, actually.
WarthogBrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #115
Wayne

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thumbs up Weekend Fun in Santa Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltrmptguy86 View Post
What's good to do [around Santa Barbara] on a day's trip[?]
Santa Barbara Cars & Coffee (actually in Montecito) can be a good place to start a Sunday morning. After hanging around there for a few minutes you might enjoy a run eastward on CA-192 and CA-150 as far as Santa Paula, or run up the hill to Camino Cielo, returning thru Goleta on CA-154 and CA-192. Check out Google Maps; there are a lot of miles of curving, climbing roads in the nearby foothills.
Ventura County CA

Last edited by Wayne; 06-01-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayne For This Useful Post:
Caltrmptguy86 (06-01-2014)
Old 05-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #116
cycleboy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Argento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltrmptguy86 View Post
Hello 805'ers! I might be going up to SB next weekend to be a tourist. lol. What's good to do there on a day's trip, aside from awesome roads. Well, maybe a couple of roads won't hurt either. lol
A fun day trip, assuming you are starting early would be to go into SB and have breakfast somewhere (tons of places, just check around), then drive up San Marcos Pass (Hwy 154) to Santa Ynez. It's a fun road, but be safe and mindful. It's 2 lane, no divider, and CHP are out there. Still fun though and great views. Have lunch in Santa Ynez, Solvang, Los Olivos, or Buellton, head back down 101S through Gaviota and along the coast (my daily commute!).
cycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cycleboy For This Useful Post:
Caltrmptguy86 (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #117
Caltrmptguy86

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Santa Barbara Cars & Coffee (actually in Montecito) can be a good place to start a Sunday morning. After hanging around there for a few minutes you might enjoy a run eastward on CA-192 and CA-150 as far as Santa Paula, or run up the hill to Camino Cielo, returning thru Goleta on CA-154 and CA-192. Check out Google Maps; there are a lot of miles of curving, climbing roads in the nearby foothills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleboy View Post
A fun day trip, assuming you are starting early would be to go into SB and have breakfast somewhere (tons of places, just check around), then drive up San Marcos Pass (Hwy 154) to Santa Ynez. It's a fun road, but be safe and mindful. It's 2 lane, no divider, and CHP are out there. Still fun though and great views. Have lunch in Santa Ynez, Solvang, Los Olivos, or Buellton, head back down 101S through Gaviota and along the coast (my daily commute!).
Cool. I'll check those out. Now aside from roads, what else is there to check out there, sightseeing wise?
Caltrmptguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #118
Wayne

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S AT
Thumbs up Playing Peek-a-Boo with Prehistoric Putt-Putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Santa Barbara Cars & Coffee (actually in Montecito) can be a good place to start a Sunday morning. After hanging around there for a few minutes you might enjoy a run eastward on CA-192...
Yeah, I know it's Father's Day, and although my afternoon will be spent interfacing with my other kind of scions, we're still planning to start the day at SBC&C (on Coast Village Road between Olive Mill and Cabrillo/Hot Springs Roads), arriving there about 9 AM. As SBC&C winds down, we'll continue winding along the foothill highway (CA-192) over to Rincon Hill, hop onto the Ventura Freeway (CA-1,US-101) down to the Seaward Avenue exit, then cruise down Harbor Boulevard to the annual Father's Day Car Show (also free for spectators) at the Channel Islands Marina in Oxnard, arriving there about 11 AM.

Note to all you 805 lurkers: It may be intriguing to think about getting together with other 86ers in our area, but it won't happen until you JUST DO IT! Seeya there Sunday?
Ventura County CA

Last edited by Wayne; 06-12-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #119
JaguarXJ6

Drives: 2015 GT-R, 1993.5 Supra, 1995 XJR
I own another WRB BRZ in Santa Barbara. I met Julian (hey dude!) and a couple locals once on a cruise. I've been busy with work and not driving much for pleasure lately.

I'm modded (intake, headers all the way back, tune) and have a honoring veterans plate so that's how you can tell me apart.

Someone I know at work picked up a Silver limited last week who might tag along for a meet up.

2015 GT-R Pearl White with Ivory, Premium | Stock, DD
1995 Jaguar XJR | Turquoise Metallic | I6 4.0L | Eaton M90, 11psi | 4L80E | 1 of 12 of 400
1993.5 Supra Turbo | Baltic Blue | 6spd | 3.77 Torsen LSD | SP57 | RPS manifold | ViPEC V88 | 525/500rwhp/tq
JaguarXJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #120
Kevinmp7

Drives: 2014 Raven Scion FR-S Monogram Seri
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ6 View Post
I own another WRB BRZ in Santa Barbara. I met Julian (hey dude!) and a couple locals once on a cruise. I've been busy with work and not driving much for pleasure lately.

I'm modded (intake, headers all the way back, tune) and have a honoring veterans plate so that's how you can tell me apart.

Someone I know at work picked up a Silver limited last week who might tag along for a meet up.
I recognize that Baltic blue! You're Jaguar from the Supra Forums. I owned a mk3 supra and was active on the forums before I got my FR-S. How has things been going for you.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #121
JaguarXJ6

Drives: 2015 GT-R, 1993.5 Supra, 1995 XJR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmp7 View Post
I recognize that Baltic blue! You're Jaguar from the Supra Forums. I owned a mk3 supra and was active on the forums before I got my FR-S. How has things been going for you.
That's me! Taking the Supra out to Colorado Springs for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb end of month, as a spectator not a participant. My 2nd long road trip with her and first time to Pikes Peak.

Loving the BRZ, just wish I had more time (need to make time) to hit the twisties.

I know how you must feel about the switch to the FR-S, I had an '89 Turbo for a couple years.

2015 GT-R Pearl White with Ivory, Premium | Stock, DD
1995 Jaguar XJR | Turquoise Metallic | I6 4.0L | Eaton M90, 11psi | 4L80E | 1 of 12 of 400
1993.5 Supra Turbo | Baltic Blue | 6spd | 3.77 Torsen LSD | SP57 | RPS manifold | ViPEC V88 | 525/500rwhp/tq
JaguarXJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote