follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #1205
Chauntalei

Drives: Non-BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Got my OFH installed on Thursday, flashed to the Stg 2 E85 UEL tune, and after giving her a couple of days to get back to normal, I'll be doing some 3rd gear pulls and plotting them out in Virtual Dyno to see my gains.

This is where I was before (E85 EL tune, drop in filter, axleback, and intake tube):
Attached Images

2013 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT - 5/28/2012-10/28/2014
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:34 AM   #1206
Daesondei
Daesondei

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,
v1.60 OTS maps are still a little ways away from being released. Just waiting for some OTF updates to be ready first. But in the meantime, here are some updates:

1) F (Korean market) ROM is now supported. Email me (shiv@vishnutuning.com) for tuned ROM support.
2) G series ROM is now supported for Phantom ESC Again, Email me (shiv@vishnutuning.com) for tuned ROM support.

Cheers,
shiv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #1207
Pistol

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
FH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
Bug Report - Wife 1.0

Last year, I upgraded my GirlFriend 5.0 to GirlFriend 5.1, which installed itself as "Fiancee 1.0". Recently, I upgraded Fiancee 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and it's a real resource hog. It has taken up all my space, and Wife 1.0 must be running before I can do ANYTHING. It is also spawning Child Processes which are further consuming system resources, although my friends tell me I should have expected that. Some applications, such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all.
Additional plug-ins were automatically installed, such as Mother-In-Law 55.8 and Brother-in-law Beta .1, and there is no uninstall feature for these plug-ins. No mention of this behavior was discussed in the brochures or documentation, although other users have reported similar problems. Because of this, some users that I know have decided to avoid the headaches associated with these upgrades, and simply move from Girlfriend 5.0 to Girlfriend 6.0.
Unfortunately, this is not without peril as well, as all traces of Girlfriend 5.0 must be removed from the system before attempting installation of 6.0. Even then, Girlfriend 6.0 will repeatedly run system checks (usually in the background, and often late at night when the system is asleep) to find evidence of previous versions. To cap it off, Girlfriend 6.0 apparently has a nag feature reminding about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0. However, I do like some of the features that you are planning to include in the upcoming Girlfriend 6.1 release:
A "Don't remind me again" button
Minimize button
Shutdown feature
An install shield feature so that Girlfriend can be completely uninstalled if necessary (so you don't lose cache and other objects).
Unfortunately, since I've already upgraded to Wife 1.0, I don't think I will be able to take advantage of any of these new features, unless you decide to include them in the next Mistress release. But, of course, there is a whole raft of problems associated with the use of Mistress 1.0 and Wife 1.0 on the same system - most notably are system conflicts and continual disk thrashing, which starts shortly after Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 1.0. Interestingly enough, all versions of Personal Lawyer still work fine. Finally, Wife 1.0 apparently deletes all MSMoney files before uninstalling itself; following that, Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources. I personally find all these new tools and conflicts to be too confusing and time consuming. I'm sticking with Dog 1.0b3. It slobbers and chews up the paper, but all in all these bugs are tolerable. It is simple to operate and as long as I do basic maintenance we get along fine.

...................thats quite brilliant
Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #1208
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
And very old. This is dated March 6, 2003.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/arc...p/t-23622.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
hmong337 (05-18-2014)
Old 05-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #1209
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv14476 View Post
And very old. This is dated March 6, 2003.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/arc...p/t-23622.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
So old it's almost new.
Which I already pointed out. Doesn't stop it from being a great bit of writing that's worth passing along.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #1210
Victor Draken

Drives: Toyota Gt86
@shiv@vishnu

When are we getting BPB maps available for other Roms?!? I have bought Crawford product from you and I'm unable to use it at full potential.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:49 AM   #1211
Lytheum

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauntalei View Post
Got my OFH installed on Thursday, flashed to the Stg 2 E85 UEL tune, and after giving her a couple of days to get back to normal, I'll be doing some 3rd gear pulls and plotting them out in Virtual Dyno to see my gains.

This is where I was before (E85 EL tune, drop in filter, axleback, and intake tube):

interested in your power gains. looking to pick up an OFH header sometime. running drop in filter and intake tube, but no axleback. My current virtual dynos look really close to yours!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:53 AM   #1212
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Just a total side notes @shiv, after seeing the pics my suspicions are true. You are of indian decent. I always thought it was an interesting name for the company. Glad to see our brown folk are out in the professional car/tuning world!

EDIT: Congrats and will be finally ordering the OFT/OFH combo soon!
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:59 AM   #1213
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmtigers View Post
Just a total side notes @shiv, after seeing the pics my suspicions are true. You are of indian decent. I always thought it was an interesting name for the company. Glad to see our brown folk are out in the professional car/tuning world!
I looked for an appropriate smiley, but there isn't one for that.
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #1214
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
I looked for an appropriate smiley, but there isn't one for that.
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #1215
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmtigers View Post

I guess?
It never crossed my mind that Shiv was "brown folk". All I see are two especially good looking human beings. Nuff said, I guess.
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:11 AM   #1216
Chauntalei

Drives: Non-BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytheum View Post
interested in your power gains. looking to pick up an OFH header sometime. running drop in filter and intake tube, but no axleback. My current virtual dynos look really close to yours!
I was thinking about doing the runs tonight, but I postponed due to Game of Thrones/Veep watching. I'll try and get them done Monday night sometime!

2013 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT - 5/28/2012-10/28/2014
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #1217
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Best ethnic joke ever told

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a Hawaiian and an Eskimo), an Argentinean, a Dane, an Australian, a Slovak, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Moroccan, a Frenchman, a New Zealander, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a Colombian, a Pakistani, a Malaysian, a Croatian, an Uzbek, a Cypriot, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, an Uruguayan, a Czech, an Icelander, a Mexican, a Finn, a Honduran, a Panamanian, an Andorran, an Israeli, a Venezuelan, an Iranian, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a Syrian, a Brazilian, a Portuguese, a Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a Hungarian, a Canadian, a Moldovian, a Haitian, a Norfolk Islander, a Macedonian, a Bolivian, a Cook Islander, a Tajikistani, a Samoan, an Armenian, an Aruban, an Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a Bahamian, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Canadian, a Sudanese, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Jamaican, a Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, an Ecuadorian, a Costa Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and a Nigerian walk into a fine restaurant together.
The maître d' scrutinizes the group and says, "I'm sorry, but you can't come in here without a Thai."
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mid_life_crisis For This Useful Post:
calmtigers (05-19-2014), DC2R (05-19-2014), Formula Vee (05-26-2014), Kids Heart (06-10-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #1218
PRG3000

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Really impressed w these NA dynos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PRG3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest