follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #2451
psk

Drives: scion fr-s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
So there was not much interested on Wednesday the 23rd - how about Sunday (20th) late afternoon / early evening? Maybe we could combine an optional lime creek run with it before if the weather is nice and people are interested

@trevorovert @Yellow13 @Alexm_09 @Jyn @FR-S Matt You were the ones asking about an OEMAudio+ listen... your preference?
ughhh i have a physiology exam to study for... i've never been on a run and would loved to have joined!

and it's the rockets game 1 playoffs vs. portland on sunday :P
psk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #2452
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Drives: fr-s, tundra
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psk View Post
ughhh i have a physiology exam to study for... i've never been on a run and would loved to have joined!

and it's the rockets game 1 playoffs vs. portland on sunday :P
ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #2453
MysteryMachine

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, 2002 Bugeye OBS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Hah yeah its Easter and the Rockets and Jyn's anniversary and something else for everyone... but it did seem a sunday afternoon meeting received much more interest than a weeknight.

So... maybe this third attempt will be better!

Who: anyone in an 86 here on this forum (and MAYBE an exception for DTS who left the family for an STi)

When: Sunday April 27 at 1:30PM.. rain or shine

What: Lime Creek run, followed by beer/appetizers etc. and 86 audio meet. I am not sure exactly how long a lime creek run takes but if you don't want to do the run you can show up later, we will loop back to the starting point. We need to be safe on Lime Creek there are always tons of cyclist on Sundays if the weather is decent.

Where: County Line on 2222 and 360 (its just east of 360). If you are coming from the east taking 2222 is a pretty fun drive. County line food isn't great but my wife says this location has a really nice back patio etc if the weather is nice. Also if the weather is nice afterwards you can drive to nearby Mt Bonnell to watch the sunset with your significant other - since @Jyn is the romancer There is actually one section on the drive to there with really sharp fun corners.

@trevorovert @Jyn @psk @DTS @Alexm_09 @Scottemad123 @FR-S Matt @Yellow13 @astateoffrs :P Now are you happy? :P

@X Factor did you know about the Austin group? @Turkish can you make it? - we've still never both been at the same gathering (mostly my fault since I travel for work almost all the time)

Last edited by MysteryMachine; 04-18-2014 at 07:09 PM.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysteryMachine For This Useful Post:
Alexm_09 (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #2454
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Hah yeah its Easter and the Rockets and Jyn's anniversary and something else for everyone... but it did seem a sunday afternoon meeting received much more interest than a weeknight.

Who: anyone in an 86 here on this forum

When: Sunday April 27 at 1:00PM.. rain or shine

What: Lime Creek run, followed by beer/appetizers etc. and 86 audio meet. I am not sure exactly how long a lime creek run takes but if you don't want to do the run you can show up later, we will loop back to the starting point.

Where: County Line on 2222 and 360 (its just east of 360). If you are coming from the east taking 2222 is a pretty fun drive. County line food isn't great but my wife says this location has a really nice back patio etc if the weather is nice.

@trevorovert @Jyn @psk @DTS @Alexm_09 @Scottemad123 @FR-S Matt @Yellow13 :P Now are you happy? :P
Okay I'm in. Lime creek run takes about 15 mins. There and back will be perfect.

My audio MAY not be perfect for listening yet I am working on building a sub box still, and hopefully will have it done around sunday
Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #2455
MysteryMachine

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, 2002 Bugeye OBS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Note I did change the time from 1 to 1:30 to give people a little more time to eat lunch etc (trevor quoted me between when I posted and edited - he's fast).
Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #2456
Odd
#

Drives: DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm in for the 27th
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odd For This Useful Post:
MysteryMachine (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #2457
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

wow I made it within 2 minutes. win. maybe I'll bring @jLoBRZ if she is done partying it up at a bachelorette party
Old 04-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #2458
DTS

Drives: PBP 2014 STi Hatch; 2013 Crosstrek;
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Who: anyone in an 86 here on this forum (and MAYBE an exception for DTS who left the family for an STi)

What: Lime Creek run, followed by beer/appetizers etc. and 86 audio meet. I am not sure exactly how long a lime creek run takes but if you don't want to do the run you can show up later, we will loop back to the starting point. We need to be safe on Lime Creek there are always tons of cyclist on Sundays if the weather is decent.

Where: County Line on 2222 and 360 (its just east of 360). If you are coming from the east taking 2222 is a pretty fun drive. County line food isn't great but my wife says this location has a really nice back patio etc if the weather is nice. Also if the weather is nice afterwards you can drive to nearby Mt Bonnell to watch the sunset with your significant other - since @Jyn is the romancer There is actually one section on the drive to there with really sharp fun corners.

@trevorovert @Jyn @psk @DTS @Alexm_09 @Scottemad123 @FR-S Matt @Yellow13 @astateoffrs :P Now are you happy? :P

@X Factor did you know about the Austin group? @Turkish can you make it? - we've still never both been at the same gathering (mostly my fault since I travel for work almost all the time)
Oh yay! Just went to go pick up my cobb goodies today too.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #2459
Yellow13

Drives: 2013 6MT Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Haha I was never NOT happy. Either way, im down for whatever.

We can also, again, extend that run a bit if you want to where you start on Mopac and lake Austin Blvd.You head west and make a left on Red Bud and that is about a 15-20 minute curvy drive to 360, you can then make a right on 360 up to 2222, hit up county line then shoot up lime creek. Up to you.

Either way im down.

Also, be sure to check this out (yes I am plugging my own thread):
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...46#post1682746

Last edited by Yellow13; 04-18-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Yellow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellow13 For This Useful Post:
MysteryMachine (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #2460
psk

Drives: scion fr-s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

i think i'm going back home to houston that weekend....

why can't i ever meet you guys! lol
psk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #2461
Yellow13

Drives: 2013 6MT Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psk View Post
i think i'm going back home to houston that weekend....

why can't i ever meet you guys! lol
You can ... just close your eyes ... AND IMAGINEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pifQm3IZ1tc"]South Park- Imagination Song - YouTube[/ame]
Old 04-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #2462
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Sadly I will be returning from New Orleans that day for a weekend trip as part of my friend's bachelor party.

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #2463
X Factor

Drives: 2013 Red BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
No I didn't know about an Austin group but glad to hear their is one. How are people informed of get togethers and events? Maybe I missed it, where are you meeting up for the start of Lime Creek run?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #2464
Scottemad123

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I shall be there!
Scottemad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scottemad123 For This Useful Post:
MysteryMachine (04-19-2014)