follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
Crosscharge, go_a_way1, MisterSheep, poudre

Old 04-15-2014, 05:48 AM   #7267
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Drove it. Another ~100 miles of winding-road goodness. Unfortunately my usual long drive route was completely clogged with Harley riders today. If anyone on here's ever owned a Harley, I have a question about the dealerships: is there some kind of blood-oath they make you swear, to never drive faster than 2/3's of the speed limit and never allow other motorized vehicles to pass? Is there a provision about never wearing proper safety gear?

I still had fun (it's hard to avoid having fun when I get the BRZ on a curvy road), but man was it frustrating having to sit behind bikers most of the time, doing Prius speeds. It seems like they actively do everything they can to make passing them impossible, too. Total assholes. I was really jealous of guys on sportbikes who can fit around them easily, and who seem to get a free pass and a friendly wave from the Harley crowd just for also having two wheels.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #7268
Tgionet
SPACESHIP

Drives: BRZ Ltd 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
There's a reason many riders refer to Harleys as rolling road blocks. I know from experience that the sport bikes aren't getting a free pass and a friendly wave, they're blowing past them and getting flipped off. Or maybe I'm a bit bitter because I was flipped off by 7 Harley riders Sunday on my BMW that isn't even a sportbike.

Pilot Super Sports arriving today
Tgionet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tgionet For This Useful Post:
Churnobyl (04-15-2014), Ganthrithor (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #7269
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
In the last couple of days I have installed my springs, shocks, camber plates, sway bars, rear LCAs, summer wheels and tires and played with the alignment on my BRZ.
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #7270
t.chk

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
Drove it. Another ~100 miles of winding-road goodness. Unfortunately my usual long drive route was completely clogged with Harley riders today. If anyone on here's ever owned a Harley, I have a question about the dealerships: is there some kind of blood-oath they make you swear, to never drive faster than 2/3's of the speed limit and never allow other motorized vehicles to pass? Is there a provision about never wearing proper safety gear?

I still had fun (it's hard to avoid having fun when I get the BRZ on a curvy road), but man was it frustrating having to sit behind bikers most of the time, doing Prius speeds. It seems like they actively do everything they can to make passing them impossible, too. Total assholes. I was really jealous of guys on sportbikes who can fit around them easily, and who seem to get a free pass and a friendly wave from the Harley crowd just for also having two wheels.
There is no blood oath...I own a sportster 1200C and I do 5 over the speedlimit pretty regularly. But, it can not take a corner very well. They handle like old Buicks.

The safety gear thing is hit and miss with most riders. I usually have gloves, jacket, and helmet. But some (for whatever reason) believe that detracts from the "open air" of riding a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgionet View Post
There's a reason many riders refer to Harleys as rolling road blocks. I know from experience that the sport bikes aren't getting a free pass and a friendly wave, they're blowing past them and getting flipped off. Or maybe I'm a bit bitter because I was flipped off by 7 Harley riders Sunday on my BMW that isn't even a sportbike.

Pilot Super Sports arriving today
I have not gotten flipped off by anyone yet. But that is because when I ride I am usually with my friend who has a sport bike. So I guess I have an in with the sport bike crowd and I have a ballpeen hammer mounted on the left side of my bike...might be why everyone else does not flip me off (its there because its apart of a 'tool kit' for the bike)
t.chk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t.chk For This Useful Post:
Ganthrithor (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #7271
cnk

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Finally had a chance to wash all the winter crap off the car this weekend. Power washed the underside to get all the salt/sand off. Polished out some minor scratches. Vacuumed and 303'd the interior. Swapped over to my summer rims/tires. All in time for it to rain today and possibly snow/sleet tonight.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #7272
NABoxer

Drives: 2013 DGM Brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chermo12 View Post
I thought about this once. Nice to see someone who actually did it.
What exact paint did you use? Also, did you add clear coat over them?

^^This!
Tamiya orange 2 cans of it. No clear coat already shiny as is but will polish and buffer for more shine.

Will do when ohio weather doesn't suck.
NABoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #7273
Mr.
Supra Senior Member

Drives: AE86 & BRZ
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Got rocket bunny diffuser in today. Gonna make a DIY install video. When I get the chance.

Subscribe
Mr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #7274
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
You make me want the clear lens TOM's the more I see your car haha. Red on white looks good though. We will see how I feel about it when I get home.

Great pics too!
Yes! Red TOM'S on a white BRZ/FR-S looks REALLY good! The clear ones are good for that panda bear/tofu delivery look.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanomatik For This Useful Post:
Andrew025 (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #7275
Chauntalei

Drives: Non-BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Apparently, I busted my A/C. The compressor is no longer spinning up when I hit the switch inside the car, pulley isn't spinning or anything, and it's blowing warm @ 65 degrees on the thermostat.

Guess a trip to the dealership is in the cards!

2013 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT - 5/28/2012-10/28/2014
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chauntalei For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #7276
Churnobyl

Drives: 2014 Limited Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Woke up to this:

Luckily the tire center guys were able to remove and patch it. Only 2k miles on the tires.

Gotta say watching the tire techs driving my car was nerve wracking. This thing is really my baby.
Churnobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Churnobyl For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (04-15-2014), Evil Jesus (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #7277
OoLong
#TeamAURA

Drives: BRZ Limited Lighting Red '13
Ordered a set of the clear Tom's Taillights and a Cusco Struct Bar from @fteightysix. Now waiting to be shipped
OoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OoLong For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #7278
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churnobyl View Post
Woke up to this:

Luckily the tire center guys were able to remove and patch it. Only 2k miles on the tires.

Gotta say watching the tire techs driving my car was nerve wracking. This thing is really my baby.
You're never supposed to patch the shoulder of the tire.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #7279
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Very nice. I was looking at ST coil overs for a while, but I'm going to go with the Bilstein B14's. Close call that only came down to Bilstein being more "OEM" than ST. So, yeah, paying a bit more for a badge, essentially. Plus I think I'll enjoy the progressive springs for my daily driving needs.

I was going to get my oil and transmission fluids changed on Wednesday, but I tore my other MB Quart door speaker and I can't STAND that madness, so I'm thinking of getting the Infinity components I purchased installed and putting off fluid changes until the end of the month. I also need summer tires and a buff.

Pics to keep this thread busy:

the view of those mountains look amazing!
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G-awesome For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #7280
Churnobyl

Drives: 2014 Limited Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
You're never supposed to patch the shoulder of the tire.
That's my understanding as well. Tech said "if it had been a hair further into the shoulder we wouldn't have patched it".

Hes the expert, I'm going to watch it for now. Summer rims and tires are in the works so won't be an issue for long anyway.
Churnobyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere