follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #29
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Same thing happened to me. I was extremely annoyed. My sales rep actually took me to an empty lot so he could do donuts. Then he was like, "I used to have one of these but traded it in...so whenever I get to drive one out I gotta get my fun out of it."
Old 02-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #30
Knshro13

Drives: 10 series FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
This was the best post I've read on this forum.

And this is why I question the small number of miles on these new cars when driving home with it.
Knshro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #31
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,929 Times in 16,470 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro View Post
you forgot something...

humfrz
Oh yes, and he hasn't recently worked at the port that receives new cars ....daaaa..... me ....
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #32
Drive
Crickets...

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
when i asked for a test drive the salesman asked for a copy of my drivers license, handed me the keys and i was on my way
Heh, my salesman never asked for any of that. Went in to the dealership after talking to the guy on the phone, and test drove my 10 series FR-S right away.
Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #33
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Shifter View Post
Right on. Corporate does care. I had 2 Toyota dealerships bickering over the wrong size rims installed on my Toyota minivan after an accident in 1988. The dealer 60 miles up north which replaced the broken rims with the wrong size (the front tires rubbed the body so the van wasn't drivable) was arguing with my local dealership over cost and who knows what.

The service managers knew each other and didn't get along I later found out.

One call to corporate Toyota solved the whole matter. Pronto...after a week of me in a rental car after the wheels were put on! They ended up reimbursing me for the rental too.

Thanks corporate!
Corporate has paid for a rental 3 separate times for me and they have helped me a ton. When I told them about a local dealer that treated me shitty when I had some work to be done, they pointed me in the right direction and also gave me a free 8 year/100,000 mile warranty. They also wrote me a check worth one month's car payment.

OP, maybe if you contact corporate, they will work with you and offer you incentives like I received when you buy a new car. It NEVER hurts to ask. At first they offered me only 7 years for warranty but when I told them I wouldn't come close to 100,000 miles in 7 years, they gave me 1 more year, just because I asked.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #34
brzr

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
when i asked for a test drive the salesman asked for a copy of my drivers license, handed me the keys and i was on my way
same here.........i tested a golf a few times, audi a3, challenger, focus.....alone or with my husband.....except the frs.......the dealer was weird too.....he didn't think the frs was the right car for me because i have two kids
he couldn't have been more wrong......it's the best car....i love it so
brzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #35
quasi86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S m/t Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
Corporate has paid for a rental 3 separate times for me and they have helped me a ton. When I told them about a local dealer that treated me shitty when I had some work to be done, they pointed me in the right direction and also gave me a free 8 year/100,000 mile warranty. They also wrote me a check worth one month's car payment.

OP, maybe if you contact corporate, they will work with you and offer you incentives like I received when you buy a new car. It NEVER hurts to ask. At first they offered me only 7 years for warranty but when I told them I wouldn't come close to 100,000 miles in 7 years, they gave me 1 more year, just because I asked.
So in all that how did they change the way the dealership did business.

thank you for reading. sent using Tapatalk! (wouldn't want to forget that)
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #36
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi86 View Post
So in all that how did they change the way the dealership did business.

I'm saying that they will care about him as a customer more than anything.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #37
quasi86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S m/t Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleahoy View Post
My immaculate 2013 GTI (no dings/wear/scratches) was worth 15,800 according to them. It has 16,000 miles and the MSRP last year with my options was 29,900. Cars with less options are sold for 24,000 used. I understand they have to make money on a trade in but I wasnt gonna get raped for 8 grand. I didnt ask them to discount their car any more than they had already priced online
Thats your problem right there. It's a VW. You prolly paid close to $24 when you bought it new.

To husker..you must be a major squeky wheel and
He ain't their customer. He drives a VW grocery getter.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #38
CruiseZen

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
It does sound like your experience was due to an out of control salesman. I'll bet his sales manager had no idea what he actually was up to. My experience was far different. To do a test drive all I had to hand them a copy of my drivers license and insurance card. My wife was with me so the salesman had to ride in the fetal position in the back seat. Didn't look like he was enjoying himself back there. (lol, those seats are not made for adults.) I got to drive both highway and back curvy roads. Liked the FR-S so much that I made an order for a Monogram. Keep looking around. There are lots of dealers who train their employees to act responsibly!
CruiseZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #39
N_A

Drives: 2013 Raven
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I would've said something during the test drive. I went to Vandergriff Toyota to test drive the FRS. The salesman did almost the same exact thing but not nrealy as bad. As soon as he pulled out of the parking lot and redlined first gear, I told him to turn around and that I didn't trust him driving like that. I got out of the car, called another dealership to see if they had an FRS in stock, and I was on my way. Came home with my car that day.

This salesman could've sold a car that day. I was ready to by. Too bad he lost the sale by driving like a jackass.
N_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:52 AM   #40
kcam86

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleahoy View Post
Gave it a shot at seeing if I enjoyed the FRS as much as everyone seems to and headed to Autonation Scion at Winter Park.
Waited for a bit and was told by the guy taking care of me that he would "drive the car out of the lot" and then I could give it a spin. I get in the car as a passenger and he proceeds to take off burning clutch in the process and stays in first gear all the way out the parking lot.

Today was rainy as hell yet the salesman couldnt possibly give less of a shit as he put pedal to metal and pulled out into the public road as the poor 10 series FRS with 6 miles on the clock struggled to make sense of what this meathead was trying to do.
As the car swayed from side to side and Stability management finally straightened the car he said " this is a sportscar and you have to drive it like a sportscar" and he proceeded to clutch dump like a true fast and furious fan through gears and speed well beyond the posted limit with full traffic around.
He must have driven 3 miles and fucking hell it felt like a lifetime with me wondering if the next time he blew through 4 gears without lifting the car would finally let go and crash.
Never have I experienced such shit driving and for it to be displayed on a brand new car really ticked me off because I sure as hell wasnt buying it after such abuse went on. Really sucks for whoever buys this car and wonders why their clutch only lasted 10,000 miles.

When it was time for me to drive it he proceeded to pull the e-brake, shift into first and attempt to get out while the car jerked and stalled. As I walked around the car the burnt clutch smell was awful so I took it easy and drove it back to the dealership because I thought I had enough.

After all that and me trying to negotiate a deal on a different FRS, they proceeded to offer me a mega lowball offer for my trade in below even what they had quoted me through email, even though I was told I could get more for it if I drove it in. When i showed the email they were only willing to match that so I walked out.

What a shit day
I work at a toyota dealership 50min north of you in st. Augustine called beavertoyotawe onky have 3 autos but ill gladly let you drive mine. Im used car inventory manager basically a glorified mr. Do it all lol. If you want I can help you.
kcam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #41
Cattronic

Drives: 2013.5 FR-S 6MT, 2009 Infiniti G37
Dealerships will have a policy, most require a salesman to go along on test drives, but some let you take the car yourself, they just get your phone number and license. Rare though, only my local mazda dealer permits that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Infiniti G37 Sedan 7AT//Injen dual CAIs/Custom Magnaflow Exhaust/18" CX4 wheels/245 Goodyear Eagle rubber/5% tint/Eibach prokit springs/full JL audio sound
Cattronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #42
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Oh yes, and he hasn't recently worked at the port that receives new cars ....daaaa..... me ....
i was referencing your signature...

humfrz.....

its weird when you don't put that at the bottom of your posts
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote