follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #57
mechaghost

Drives: Silver AT Limited
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Man that blows, why do they have to do that kind of "research" to put you down? If they work on your car and claimed warranty they get paid either way right? They really must hate you or something
mechaghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #58
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBRZ View Post
...They wrote in the RO "Clients car is heavily modified and driven hard as stated on FT86club.com and other subaru forums" So to diablo subaru it's okay to search forums for clients cars to deny warranty work and to them my car that ONLY has LED's, clear corners, tint and springs is heavily modified.
You should tell them two things:

- all cars come with tint (glazing) from the factory to meet FMVSS requirements for passenger safety. Glass is not "100% clear"...
- how is tint illegal again? http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html

Quote:
Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?
The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.
Threaten a lawyer to the GM of the dealer. See what kind of free service you can get.

Hi Diablo Subaru. Go fuck yourself.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
WillBRZ (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #59
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
So dropped my car off for service yesterday morning, typical 1st gear grinding issue, rear deck rattle, and homelink mirror falling off thought all would go smooth but no...They wrote in the RO "Clients car is heavily modified and driven hard as stated on FT86club.com and other subaru forums" ...
How exactly does "heavily modifed and driven hard" relate to the issues in bold? The grinding issue, I could see, but unless you drive the car like bumper cars on the street, I really don't see how they can use their excuse. They are basically looking for an easy way out.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #60
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
I'm trying to lemon it the thing keeps breaking and now the dealer tells me it's working fine when it's not so I get stuck with a car that doesn't work as it's supposed to.
And the truth comes out. What basis are you trying to use to get the dealer to lemon law the car? You started this thread out like you just took it in for a few common issues and they wouldn't fix them due to modifications on your car, but now suddenly you are trying to lemon law the car. Nothing like hearing one side of the story.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #61
FRSFirestorm
Red is Fastest

Drives: 13 FRS 6MT Firestorm
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Park the car somewhere near the dealership on public property, with a sign in the window stating they refuse to do warranty work because of the following modifications and that they based it upon information gleened online.
FRSFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #62
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
And the truth comes out. What basis are you trying to use to get the dealer to lemon law the car? You started this thread out like you just took it in for a few common issues and they wouldn't fix them due to modifications on your car, but now suddenly you are trying to lemon law the car. Nothing like hearing one side of the story.
Yeah, it would be interesting to hear the other side of the story on this one.....
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thill For This Useful Post:
BadMoon (07-22-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #63
WillBRZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Yeah, it would be interesting to hear the other side of the story on this one.....
The car is breaking and they refuse to fix it. Why would I want to keep it after this? I came in to get it fixed and they are being asses about it. I would much rather get a car that doesn't have to be in the shop once a month leaving me carless since they won't give me a loaner because I'm not 25.
WillBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #64
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
I'm a self admitted beer snob...no light beer (or limes) for me...

<<< check my avatar...Rogue's Double Dead Guy...no limes needed!
HAHA! I can't believe I didn't see this until now!! I'm the same to be honest. I've never had a party at my house, I just watned to keep things light.

I'm a HUGE stone IPA fan! Been drinking a lot of Ballast Point Pale Ale lately. San Diego is awesome for good beer!
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #65
IceFyre13th

Drives: Mazdarati
Thanked 1,369 Times in 675 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
here, this may help

http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/policies/magnuson-moss.htm
WillBRZ (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
Steve@TSM

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
I was going to post this law as well. The dealer has to prove that the mods that are currently on your car have a direct impact on the concern in question. Your springs have nothing to with the transmission so they can't blame it on that...nor the trunklid rattle and homelink mirror falling off. Now if you have any videos posted of you being on track, just jamming through the gears...they'll have the right to decline any warranty work.

My concern at this point would be, have they pinged your VIN in their system essentially stating your warranty is voided?
Steve@TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve@TSM For This Useful Post:
IceFyre13th (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #67
Surakusa
Mechanical Guru

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Argento) M/T
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Try googling your name... I bet that is how they found you. :P
Surakusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #68
suaveflooder

@WillBRZ, any update on this after giving them the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 info?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #69
WillBRZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
@WillBRZ, any update on this after giving them the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 info?
Been advised not to post on here anymore by my attorney. I will not be going back to Diablo Subaru and they have pretty much ruined my experience owning this car and now my privilege to post on forums. If you look at my posts and threads I have never said anything about driving my car hard. It has never been to a track, never driven too hard. The car has always been maintained and always taken care of. The posts Diablo Subaru printed out for me were posts of me asking about camber and suspension setups, never about intense modifications or track experiences. My advice is to be careful about what you post and know that Subaru and their dealer network is Shady and will try to screw you. I will never buy another Subaru and I will advice others not to do so. I have owned many different car brands, [Honda, BMW, infiniti, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Volvo, MB, etc] Never had been treated so badly at a dealership, I feel taken advantage of, I feel lied to and betrayed, I feel violated. The service guy I dropped the car off with was talking to me about how he has a Spec Miata, and is trying to get a Z06 to take to the track and how he's into modding cars as well and he is the one who did this to me. It's insane how another car enthusiast will do this. All of my old service guys at other dealerships have been great, very nice and accommodating and when a problem with my car was directly from a modified part I would just pay them a small fee for the trouble and they would help me out with fixing the problem. Sorry if this is kinda long I just think my "last" post here should explain everything and also say goodbye.
WillBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WillBRZ For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (02-13-2014)
Old 07-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #70
suaveflooder

Quote:
Been advised not to post on here anymore by my attorney. I will not be going back to Diablo Subaru and they have pretty much ruined my experience owning this car and now my privilege to post on forums. If you look at my posts and threads I have never said anything about driving my car hard. It has never been to a track, never driven too hard. The car has always been maintained and always taken care of. The posts Diablo Subaru printed out for me were posts of me asking about camber and suspension setups, never about intense modifications or track experiences. My advice is to be careful about what you post and know that Subaru and their dealer network is Shady and will try to screw you. I will never buy another Subaru and I will advice others not to do so. I have owned many different car brands, [Honda, BMW, infiniti, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Volvo, MB, etc] Never had been treated so badly at a dealership, I feel taken advantage of, I feel lied to and betrayed, I feel violated. The service guy I dropped the car off with was talking to me about how he has a Spec Miata, and is trying to get a Z06 to take to the track and how he's into modding cars as well and he is the one who did this to me. It's insane how another car enthusiast will do this. All of my old service guys at other dealerships have been great, very nice and accommodating and when a problem with my car was directly from a modified part I would just pay them a small fee for the trouble and they would help me out with fixing the problem. Sorry if this is kinda long I just think my "last" post here should explain everything and also say goodbye.
Damn man, sorry to hear that. I know you can't respond, but I wish you luck! Hopefully this all gets sorted out.
The Following User Says Thank You to suaveflooder For This Useful Post:
WillBRZ (07-27-2013)