follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #43
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Especially if you had a bunch of mods on it. Company may be nice and let you swap back to stock parts but they don't have too. They won't pay for the mods either unless you had added them to the policy.
Tempted to let my insurance company know about my suspension. Worth about 3000 between the coils and LCAs, but I also don't want a nice bump in premium either
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-16-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #44
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
Tempted to let my insurance company know about my suspension. Worth about 3000 between the coils and LCAs, but I also don't want a nice bump in premium either
Added my exhaust, tint, springs, spoiler and bra for a value of just under 3k and it cost about $6 a year more.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #45
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Added my exhaust, tint, springs, spoiler and bra for a value of just under 3k and it cost about $6 a year more.
But you're ancient, I'm a young gun, punk ass, hooligan street racer.
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #46
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
No GAP insurance? Forgive my ignorance if this doesn't apply here.

Sorry to see you won't get your full money back
I did not know GAP insurance was a thing Until this happened....

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
Such a bunch of bullshit what's happening to you. I pay the extra on my insurance out of fear of just this scenario. If they total it out can you try to sell the parts off it? Maybe you can make up the difference? It's heartbreaking to do it, but maybe it will cover the rest if you part it out. Poor car.

Quote:
If they total it then the car belongs to the insurance company. If you take parts off it they will charge you for them. You don't get the money and the remains of the car.

I also pay extra for replacement value. If mine is totalled it is directly replaced with one a model year newer.
My Insurance company (Nationwide) will total the car and take it (They are paying me close to what I owed but im still out a few thousand)

Her insurance company wanted to Total it paying me less than what nationwide would.., THEN take a 20-30% salvage fee and leave me the car to do as I please.

Now, if I took her insurance companies deal I possibly could have made out a little better salvaging the car/parting things out However I don't have the time to do that, and the salvage yards i spoke to were hardly offering what I would have needed.

NOW..

Some good to come out of this...

I put depoist down on a 10 series down in PA. I just got word from my bank they will approve it (rolling over the 2-3 grand and WITH GAP INSURANCE THIS TIME)

So as soon as my insurance company cocntacts my bank on monday and all the ducks are in a row, I should be in a 10 series come the end of the week.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shady195 For This Useful Post:
86geek (05-16-2015), soulreapersteve (05-16-2015), Tcoat (05-16-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #47
86geek

Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post
I did not know GAP insurance was a thing Until this happened....

My Insurance company (Nationwide) will total the car and take it (They are paying me close to what I owed but im still out a few thousand)

Her insurance company wanted to Total it paying me less than what nationwide would.., THEN take a 20-30% salvage fee and leave me the car to do as I please.

Now, if I took her insurance companies deal I possibly could have made out a little better salvaging the car/parting things out However I don't have the time to do that, and the salvage yards i spoke to were hardly offering what I would have needed.

NOW..

Some good to come out of this...

I put depoist down on a 10 series down in PA. I just got word from my bank they will approve it (rolling over the 2-3 grand and WITH GAP INSURANCE THIS TIME)

So as soon as my insurance company cocntacts my bank on monday and all the ducks are in a row, I should be in a 10 series come the end of the week.
Good to hear!

Opti-Coat & Cquartz Finest, Apexi Drop in Filter, 2.5 Perrin Res. Catback Exhaust
86geek is offline   Reply With Quote