follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-02-2016, 11:25 PM   #3221
Tomyum

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It does, the lower port slowly drains back into the engine. Not sure about other brands but the Crawford one never needs emptying.
Tomyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #3222
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey guys, this is not really related to the JR kit I have installed but decided to post it here because people check this thread and are pretty useful.

my oil pressure it actually read out 0 at idle. It would jump to about 8psi around 1500rpm and then 20ish around 2000rpm. engine was still cold, I only drove 2 blocks on my way to work as i noticed this. as i drove back home to park it i noticed as the oil warned up a tad the pressure continued to drop naturally.

I didn't notice my dummy light coming on, no oil leaking anywhere, engine oil level is still good and hasn't moved since i last checked it a week or two ago. There was no weird noises and no abnormal symptoms. haven't had time to do anything special with the car, just been daily driving... been so busy.

i have the Innovate MTX oil press/temp kit. Installed with a rallysport SS braid line, from the oil gallery on top of the engine, next to the AC.

I am not that familiar with oil pressure senders, and how/if they go bad. I am not sure if they just stop reading, or just start being inaccurate. I am hoping that is the case. I cleaned off the electrical contacts, and it changed nothing. thinking about getting a new sender or a mechanical oil pressure. anyways, anybody wanna add .02 cents whos played around with oil pressure senders before?

engine mods: carb JR kit(delicious fng tune), JR oil cooler, dual radium catch cans.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:03 AM   #3223
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post
Hey guys, this is not really related to the JR kit I have installed but decided to post it here because people check this thread and are pretty useful.

my oil pressure it actually read out 0 at idle. It would jump to about 8psi around 1500rpm and then 20ish around 2000rpm. engine was still cold, I only drove 2 blocks on my way to work as i noticed this. as i drove back home to park it i noticed as the oil warned up a tad the pressure continued to drop naturally.

I didn't notice my dummy light coming on, no oil leaking anywhere, engine oil level is still good and hasn't moved since i last checked it a week or two ago. There was no weird noises and no abnormal symptoms. haven't had time to do anything special with the car, just been daily driving... been so busy.

i have the Innovate MTX oil press/temp kit. Installed with a rallysport SS braid line, from the oil gallery on top of the engine, next to the AC.

I am not that familiar with oil pressure senders, and how/if they go bad. I am not sure if they just stop reading, or just start being inaccurate. I am hoping that is the case. I cleaned off the electrical contacts, and it changed nothing. thinking about getting a new sender or a mechanical oil pressure. anyways, anybody wanna add .02 cents whos played around with oil pressure senders before?

engine mods: carb JR kit(delicious fng tune), JR oil cooler, dual radium catch cans.
Sounds like your oil pressure unit is bad. If you had 0 pressure, you'd have a spun bearing, and you don't.
I would expect to see 40+ psi at idle on a cold engine, and 75+ at 2000 rpm.
CSG Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:38 AM   #3224
themajesticone

Drives: '13 UM86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Can I just say the c30 kit is badassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss I'm loving this thing

JRSC C30 91 oct | JDL UEL Header | Tomei Overpipe | Milltek Front Pipe | Milltek Catback | SPL LCA v2 | FA 500 v5 Coilovers 6k/7k | SPC Front Camber Bolts | Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35 | 245/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
themajesticone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to themajesticone For This Useful Post:
Jackson Racing (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 02:22 AM   #3225
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Sounds like your oil pressure unit is bad. If you had 0 pressure, you'd have a spun bearing, and you don't.
I would expect to see 40+ psi at idle on a cold engine, and 75+ at 2000 rpm.
Yup exactly... I had just thought senders either worked or didn't work. but I posted too soon....
after i got back home from work(borrowed bro's car), fired it up again, same funky pressure readings. pulled it into the garage to work on it and then i looked and saw oil spewing out of the sender. time for a new one.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #3226
Jmonty
Realtor/ Principal Broker

Drives: JRSC BRZ GBS LTD 2010 LTD Outback
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themajesticone View Post
Can I just say the c30 kit is badassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss I'm loving this thing
Wait until you try the C38 with the HBP

Last edited by Jmonty; 02-06-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Jmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jmonty For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (02-06-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 09:59 PM   #3227
Aaronimoe

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
What kind of loctite will I need for the install? does the kit come with any?

Im open to any other suggestions for any tools I might want to get before tackling the install.

Also, if i'm reading this correctly, do I just blow air onto the surface of the oil in the reservoir when priming the SC? I guess to lightly push the oil through the lines?

Last edited by Aaronimoe; 02-11-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Aaronimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #3228
Rapiddan45

Drives: 2013 FR-S M/T Ultramarine
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronimoe View Post

Im open to any other suggestions for any tools I might want to get before tackling the install.

Also, if i'm reading this correctly, do I just blow air onto the surface of the oil in the reservoir when priming the SC? I guess to lightly push the oil through the lines?
The kit comes with locktite.
Honestly only my tools you really need are a few screwdrivers, and I'd say a 8-14mm socket set with extensions. Super easy install.
And yes to prime all you need is slight air pressure into the reservoir to push the air out.
C38 JRSC, JROC, Delicious Tune, Radium PCV Catch Can
Rapiddan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #3229
Bramick

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_cheese_beer
Question, reading the manual it said u have to run compressed air through the lines to prime the oil for sc, how would you do that if you installed it in a house garage? Thanks in advance!
The Jackson provided installation manual gives you an alternate set of priming instructions.

We let ours gravity bleed, and then topped off the fluid as the car was idling; not everyone has compressed air.

Blowing as @normancw did works as well; it doesn't take much pressure to get the fluid through the system.
Gravity worked well.
CSG Mike (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #3230
CSG Mike

Quote:

The kit comes with everything you need, except a set of basic tools.

Let us know when you're ready to order.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #3231
KGZ86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Question Adding a AFR gauge

Has any one installed AFR gauges? Like to know what your thoughts are with the JRSC kit. Getting ready to add that monitoring unit/gauge.
Oscar JR? Any suggestions on monitoring and what you might prefer?
Blew off my intake tube the other day, lost power and didn't find out for 10 miles or so.. The AFR gauge is a must due to my CEL won't come on ?🙄
13 auto trans, JRSC w/high boost pulley, DW 700 PIs, DW300 pump, Delicious Flex Fuel kit, Tomai EL headers/over pipe, magnaflow cat back and Front pipe, Delicous Tunes..mods and customs on every corner..
KGZ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KGZ86 For This Useful Post:
Jmonty (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #3232
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGZ86 View Post
Has any one installed AFR gauges? Like to know what your thoughts are with the JRSC kit. Getting ready to add that monitoring unit/gauge.
Oscar JR? Any suggestions on monitoring and what you might prefer?
Blew off my intake tube the other day, lost power and didn't find out for 10 miles or so.. The AFR gauge is a must due to my CEL won't come on ?🙄
13 auto trans, JRSC w/high boost pulley, DW 700 PIs, DW300 pump, Delicious Flex Fuel kit, Tomai EL headers/over pipe, magnaflow cat back and Front pipe, Delicous Tunes..mods and customs on every corner..
You have a Speed Density based tune. Having an AFR gauge wouldn't have done *anything* to catch a charge pipe that blew off. Your AFRs would have still have been completely normal.

The only indicator would have been having much less power than expected with heavy throttle application.

If you want a "less permanent" and multi-functional gauge, we actually recommend an AIM Solo DL. It's a full feature datalogger, but can also show AFR, EGT, Boost (or vaccuum), and temperatures. It makes sense, because the unit costs less than 4 gauges + installation.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #3233
Aaronimoe

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You can add me to the list now!

C38 tuned by Motoeast. Cant say enough good things about Jackson racing and their quality. This kit was very easy and fun to put together. The car is running better than stock with Mike's tune so I definitely recommend going with Motoeast for your tuning if your in the market. They've got a great deal and can get you out the door for under 5K and they've been very supportive through this whole journey.

The power and the sound is intoxicating!
Aaronimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aaronimoe For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (02-24-2016), JonAvalon (02-21-2016), menikmati (02-21-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #3234
menikmati

Drives: 2015 BRZ, 2005 STI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
You can add me to the list now!

C38 tuned by Motoeast. Cant say enough good things about Jackson racing and their quality. This kit was very easy and fun to put together. The car is running better than stock with Mike's tune so I definitely recommend going with Motoeast for your tuning if your in the market. They've got a great deal and can get you out the door for under 5K and they've been very supportive through this whole journey.

The power and the sound is intoxicating!
How did the install process go?
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote