follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
trustyler

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap63 View Post
Hi Trustyler...., Milan is the wide business town in Italy but it's impossible to find some TRD parts as Toyota, in Italy especially, about GT86 (Scion FR-S) holds very little market share.
In Italy Toyota hasn't a TRD Dept like the german one, therefore some parts are coming from independent seller that import them from Japan or Germany and they sell usually on "sold pre-paid".
About prices some of us buy directly from USA due to USD/EUR ratio...here we have the higher VAT in Europe (21%!) and higher clearance custom duties (5%) or from Japanparts 'cause are more cheaper.

About GT86 and BRZ in Italy these models get:
(2012) #86 GT86 1st Edition (unsold about 10 pieces by dealers);
2012 plated: #not over 150 pieces GT86;
2013 plated for BRZ: 1st semester only #23

For us is impossible to buy aftermarket parts or JDM parts here, there isn't market. Mostly you can buy from independent seller but they do exactly those that you'll do by yourself.

About genuine spare parts we wait usually 2/3 weeks for BRZ.

IMHO..you could visit Germany, Bayern and Frankfurt rather Milan
Thanks for the advice! Wow VAT is a killer! Lol! I just thought of looking or even trying to look since I have no choice but to accompany my girlfriend there shopping. So if she's gonna kill my legs accompanying her (you know when women shop they're on search and destroy in every shop they go in like a freakin terminator), I just thought I'd do the same to her Lol! Too bad we're not passing by Germany. Only France and Italy.
trustyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #16
Trap63

Drives: Brz WRB - Europe LHD
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyler View Post
Thanks for the advice! Wow VAT is a killer! Lol! I just thought of looking or even trying to look since I have no choice but to accompany my girlfriend there shopping. So if she's gonna kill my legs accompanying her (you know when women shop they're on search and destroy in every shop they go in like a freakin terminator), I just thought I'd do the same to her Lol! Too bad we're not passing by Germany. Only France and Italy.
ahahahah Milan is the right place where credit cards gone away as F1 Grand Prix (same speed). Remember to buy with passport so you can obtain the VAT amount back when come back to US (you must declare goods before entering flight gate).
You can find by Toyota official dealer only gadgets .
In Milan (near Navigli) go here http://www.osteriaconchetta.it/index2.htm, you can taste genuine Milan cooking..ask for Marco
Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
trustyler

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap63 View Post
ahahahah Milan is the right place where credit cards gone away as F1 Grand Prix (same speed). Remember to buy with passport so you can obtain the VAT amount back when come back to US (you must declare goods before entering flight gate).
You can find by Toyota official dealer only gadgets .
In Milan (near Navigli) go here http://www.osteriaconchetta.it/index2.htm, you can taste genuine Milan cooking..ask for Marco
Thanks Trap!
trustyler is offline   Reply With Quote