follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Bu-Tang

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Nissan Pathfinder
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scion Canada Facebook

so I went and posted on Scion Canadas FB page, I highly doubt they will even respond but I somewhat called them out for not notifying there dealers of what is going down, seems none of the dealers in North America know what is what, there all guessing and shooting dates to retain the sale. This is the problem with private owned dealerships, if it was run by Toyota, Toyota would actually give a shit about how there image is.

so hopefully my post on there FB page will result in Scion realizing how poor the customer experience is becoming with there customers getting the run around,and with there dealerships having no solid information. Its terrible communication within there organization.

but again, I HIGHLY doubt there will even be a reply as the guy that runs the Scion Canada FB page will look at it, either delete it or carry on as if he didnt see it.

I WANT MY CAR!!!!... or a date lol so if you agree go like the posting to cause come attention

Last edited by Bu-Tang; 06-14-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Bu-Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
Motopythons
Let it rain!

Drives: 2012 Subaru Imprezza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I feel for you. While I wouldn't treat all sales rep with prejudice, I would walk in with extreme caution and take their information with a grain of salt.

First of all, it's not right when the customer has more product knowledge than the sales rep do. I don't expect them to be mechanics, but I'd much rather have a mechanic sell me the product than some guy who's reading off a spec sheet. I have no use for information I've already found from my own research.

It doesn't make sense when I wanted to order a car, but due to the incompetence and vague information provided by the dealership/sales rep, I have to do my own research on the shipment and ETA. If I'm doing all the dirty work, what am I paying the middle-man for?

I don't mind sales tactics being used on me, but mediocrity in service and incompetence makes me want to strangle someone.
Motopythons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Bu-Tang

I was wrong, they have responded, Ive emailed them and awaiting reply.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Bu-Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopythons View Post
I feel for you. While I wouldn't treat all sales rep with prejudice, I would walk in with extreme caution and take their information with a grain of salt.

First of all, it's not right when the customer has more product knowledge than the sales rep do. I don't expect them to be mechanics, but I'd much rather have a mechanic sell me the product than some guy who's reading off a spec sheet. I have no use for information I've already found from my own research.

It doesn't make sense when I wanted to order a car, but due to the incompetence and vague information provided by the dealership/sales rep, I have to do my own research on the shipment and ETA. If I'm doing all the dirty work, what am I paying the middle-man for?

I don't mind sales tactics being used on me, but mediocrity in service and incompetence makes me want to strangle someone.
I actually seen your post while back, agree with every word, lets see what comes next.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
s2kdrew

Drives: 2013 hot lava FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I hope they will give good feedback!!
2002 RSX
s2kdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Goose

Drives: Frs ultramarine 2013
Thank you bu-tang for that idea, I'm in the same situation, got my vin 11 days ago and nobody can tell me when I will got my car was suppose to be yesterday!!! Now somewhere next week. So I e-mail scion yesterday complaining about that and they reply me saying that they are locating my car and will let me know shortly about Wath appen next..., that was yesterday around 3pm..... Still waiting for a respond

For every body in the same situation put some pressure on then at info@scionnation.ca
Customer service is very important for a big company, we are the customer so don't be shy
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
s2kdrew

good thing is you got a VIN already so they can locate the vehicle, but with most of us we dont even have a VIN yet. And the worst thing is my car got stolen, the insurance call it total lost. Now I am stuck with borrowing my GF's or family members car to go to work. which is a big hassel for me.
2002 RSX
Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kdrew View Post
good thing is you got a VIN already so they can locate the vehicle, but with most of us we dont even have a VIN yet. And the worst thing is my car got stolen, the insurance call it total lost. Now I am stuck with borrowing my GF's or family members car to go to work. which is a big hassel for me.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
ANTiSOViET

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
I just sent this to them as well. I'd really like to flood them with this sentiment, since they've already heard from me on Facebook but never replied I am trying to step up my game. I think it would be wrong to start calling them out on my professional twitter handle (it has 30,000+ followers) but I see nothing wrong with naming names and trash talking them on this forum where I am relatively anonymous.

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is ANTiSOViET, I come from a family of loyal Toyota owners. In the last 10 years my family has owned 3 Toyota (an FJ, a Matrix and a Camry) all three cars have been excellent purchases. The dealership sthat was have used has been friendly and helpful, really we've had nothing but positive experience. That is until recently. I have never owned a Toyota, but I was lured to the the Scion FR-S. In early January I started making inquiries into the availability, price etc. My excitement grew as I made a deposit and was promised that my car would arrive someday. As demo models shipped and test drives were had, and I encountered my first minor issue. I believed I had struck an agreement with my dealership (Country Hills Toyota/Scion) and my salesperson (Jeff Huynh) that was going to be subject to a test drive and financing approval. Neither of these stipulations that I requested included on my contract were present when I got to finally drive the car on a test drive and Jeff brought me my paperwork to sign off on. Surely a minor oversight, unless I hadn't liked the car or hadn't been approved for financing and wanted my deposit back. I am a student, the amount of money that I had put down as a deposit on the car is a substantial sum of money, if I had lost it to ignorance I would have been extremely disappointed. The troubles continued as time progressed. During that above visit to Country Hills I was told that the car that I was looking for would be available on May 22, 2012, a short 8 days away. I barely slept with excitement. I signed up for forums on the internet, I made myself as informed as possible about every aspect of my new baby. But then 9 days passed and I had not heard anything. I quickly phoned Jeff and was told that it would only be a few more days. "It should be in Calgary any time now, no later than the 29," was his exact reply. Disappointed, but not shocked I continued waiting. And I waited through an issue with the owner's manuals, a rail strike and now...now I don't even know what I am waiting through. I commiserate with my follow forum-ites that still post (some of them don't post as often anymore, I am assuming they've got their cars and are driving through the countryside with enormous grins on their faces as the whip through twisting roads at completely reasonable, law-abiding speeds) but we don't even know what we're waiting for. I have never received a VIN number, I was never told about manuals, or rail strikes or whatever other logistical fiasco is keeping me from my beloved car. All of this information has come from sources other than my dealership, other than my sales person. I phone and get given the "one more week" run around too many times. I am pleading with you info@scionnation.ca email account, I just want to know some real information about my car. I can cast aside the disappointments of the past. I can forgive the potential loss of money that never was. I can even forgive that everyday on my way to work I have to walk past a 2013 pearl white MT6 Scion FR-S (yep every day for a week, like icicles in my veins when I see it) that belongs to a man that ordered his FR-S weeks after I did.

Help me info@scionnation.ca , I am starting to lose all hope that my Scion even exists.

ANTiSOViET

Also, not to make my somewhat sad sack of a story anymore pathetic, but I would really appreciate if the dealership wouldn't send me information about how to save money buying a car from them. Especially seeing as how they've failed to sell me one car yet. I am paying full MSRP for this car, no add-ons, no throw-ins, and then they send me a flyer once a week about how other people are getting their cars sooner and getting money off and free gifts and I am assuming copious high-fives from their friends, neighbours and acquaintances for the purchase of their excellent Toyota product. It all seems like the universe is conspiring to make this the most painful car-buying process in history.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Harbinger of Darkness
Front Toward Enemy

Drives: Asphalt 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
My wife and I are in a similar situation to anitsoviet. Our dealer has been wonderful thus far, but we placed the first order at the first dealership to get their order in for the FR-S. Flash forward a month and a half and friends of our who ordered just over a week ago already have their cars and we don't even have an ETA. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Scion?
Harbinger of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
s2kdrew

Bu-Tang, have you receive any feedback from Scion canada yet?
2002 RSX
Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
Bu-Tang

I too am in the extact same position, same dealer as well, still awaiting a response from Scion canada.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
ChadSexington

Drives: FR-S Asphalt
Worst... Product roll-out... Ever...
ChadSexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
s2kdrew

I worked in a dealer(not Toyota) as a sales before, I have never had this situation to any of my customer. Will always have a correct status for a customer the next day. production, sea, port, rail, etc.
2002 RSX