follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-06-2015, 03:25 AM   #1
steveholt

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation owners of berk dual tip muffler delete/track pipe

I have searched high and low for this question and could not net any results so here is my question.

I noticed that on the right side exhaust tip on my berk dual muffler delete there is a machining or some kind of tooling mark while the left side exhaust tip is spotless with no marks at all.

Is this normal? those of you who also own this exhaust, any machining or tooling marks on your tips? or are both of your tips completely spotless?

I bought this brand new and at first I thought it was normal but it's been nagging at me like a stuck popcorn kernel in the back of your throat

here is a picture:
steveholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
AlexWood

Drives:
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I've never noticed it on mine. Maybe contact Berk and see what they say? Where did you but it from?
AlexWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #3
steveholt

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWood View Post
I've never noticed it on mine. Maybe contact Berk and see what they say? Where did you but it from?
I contacted Berk and was told that it was an indexing tool mark that is made when each tip is manufactured and some marks are deeper and show more than others. I guess I just got the short straw and got one that happened to be a deeper mark when i bought it new

Currently working with Bryan from Berk on maybe exchanging it for another used one since I've already got it installed. Haven't used it much though, only about 200 miles on it

I bought it from a shop that does excellent work and a listed dealer by berk called touge factory in illinois
steveholt is offline   Reply With Quote