follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Redline 360 Review

Review for Redline 360

• Part Ordered - J2 Dual Tip w/ Downpipe
  • Part Ordered on 7/16
  • Part Delivered on 7/23, 7/24, picked up on 7/25

The good:
I worked with Alex who did a relatively good job of answering questions. Was pretty quick on respond. Overall a reasonably good sales rep and relatively knowledgeable on the products they are selling. Also, they are very quick to get it out the door which was nice as a lot of time's there's delays in getting things shipped.

The bad:
Shipping was a nightmare. Yes it was quick, yes there's insurance
but, at least this order, was shipped with an signature AND ID requirement, which threw me for a loop. An email was sent asking Redline 360 to contact UPS and either ship it to a location within 3 miles or have UPS hold on to it as i was out of town. The response that came back was pretty much that I needed to. This lead to constant frustration as I was in and out of meetings and then flying. While it's not 100% their fault it would've been nice to have a helping hand.

The ugly;
This box was picked up in horrendous condition. It was partially open, there were pieces missing (hardware), and there were a few odd dents in the pipes, and one of the tips had a very big crease in it. In my opinion this was due to poor packing as there was no peanuts or packing material, just 2 round pieces of what looked like foam. Luckily i was able to fix the most prominent issue, the big crease in the tip, and everything turned out pretty well.

Would I order from them again;
Possibly, but only for smaller things. They were the cheapest on that exhaust but i would have gladly paid a few bucks more for better shipping

PLEASE READ
EDIT: After getting a response (see below) it goes to show the dedication that Redline 360 has to the buyer. With customer service as below I have edited my overall rating.

Overall Rating; 4/5

Last edited by z3ro; 07-26-2014 at 07:43 AM.
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Redline360

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm so sorry on the shipping. Sometimes manufacturers package their exhaust systems in boxes that aren't of the best quality, and UPS or FedEx can sometimes tear them up. We have passed this info on to J2 to inform them of the problem you had with the packaging. Appreciate the feedback.

We do ship everything fully insured, so if the exhaust was damaged we could file a claim. It's best for the customer to mention something at the time of pickup. It looks like your tip was bent, so glad you were able to fix that.

As far as UPS, we always request the customer call UPS to schedule a time to pick it up if they are not available for signature, so you can work out a time with UPS directly. It's generally easier, so definitely apologize if it caused a problem with your schedule. We don't ship everything with signature required, but for higher value items, it generally works out best so the customer doesn't have to worry about the item being stolen, or marked as delivered but not actually there. It also gives the customer to file a damage claim right on the spot if the box or item is damaged. Makes the claim process much faster.

With that said, I'm glad that everything turned out well. Since everything was fixed and we can't file a UPS claim at this time, what I'd like to do is to offer you $50 toward your next purchase with us to make things better.

If you are interested, please send me an email and I can add that to your account, so whatever you need in the future will be $50 off, and hopefully this time you'll have a better experience.

We're here for a lasting relationship, so hope this helps.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon!

Alex
Redline360 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redline360 For This Useful Post:
904FRSlow (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
904FRSlow

Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This is what I call good customer service and will look into redline products for the future

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 904FRSlow For This Useful Post:
Redline360 (07-28-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline360 View Post
I'm so sorry on the shipping. Sometimes manufacturers package their exhaust systems in boxes that aren't of the best quality, and UPS or FedEx can sometimes tear them up. We have passed this info on to J2 to inform them of the problem you had with the packaging. Appreciate the feedback.

We do ship everything fully insured, so if the exhaust was damaged we could file a claim. It's best for the customer to mention something at the time of pickup. It looks like your tip was bent, so glad you were able to fix that.

As far as UPS, we always request the customer call UPS to schedule a time to pick it up if they are not available for signature, so you can work out a time with UPS directly. It's generally easier, so definitely apologize if it caused a problem with your schedule. We don't ship everything with signature required, but for higher value items, it generally works out best so the customer doesn't have to worry about the item being stolen, or marked as delivered but not actually there. It also gives the customer to file a damage claim right on the spot if the box or item is damaged. Makes the claim process much faster.

With that said, I'm glad that everything turned out well. Since everything was fixed and we can't file a UPS claim at this time, what I'd like to do is to offer you $50 toward your next purchase with us to make things better.

If you are interested, please send me an email and I can add that to your account, so whatever you need in the future will be $50 off, and hopefully this time you'll have a better experience.

We're here for a lasting relationship, so hope this helps.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon!

Alex
Alex, again, i appreciate all the help you've been. In regard's to filing a claim; i didn't want to deal with the red tape for 2 small indent's that wouldn't have made a difference in performance or sound. As I said before the crease, well yea, it was a bitch to fix but i did it and it looks reasonable. Regardless I appreciate you contacting J2 on my behalf.

In the future maybe it would be better to ask the buyer if they'd like the full ID & Signature? I just can't see someone staying at home all day to wait so show ID and sign for a package. Again, i'm not blaming you 100% on this; UPS was much more of a pain in the ass to deal with. 1 call Thursday afternoon trying to run to catch a connection in Atlanta, then 4 calls and about 45 minutes of being on hold Friday morning to make sure that they held the package rather then returning it to sender.

Lastly, the fact that you didn't start fussing and fighting about this show's your commitment to the client. I went back and updated my original post to reflect this and appreciate the offer. I'll follow up with you sometime this weekend through email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
This is what I call good customer service and will look into redline products for the future

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Agreed
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to z3ro For This Useful Post:
Redline360 (07-28-2014)