follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
Gumberculies

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Question Regarding Problems that might arise with UEL Headers

Hello everyone,

I know there are other threads about these problems, but none of them really seem to answer the questions I have.

My brz is currently at the dealership and I'm being told that installing my UEL header has voided my warranty. This is w/e to me, but I want to make sure that the issue I'm experiencing is indeed being caused by the UEL header or not. If it's not I may try to argue the warranty bit, but seeing as my OFT apparently failed to flash my ECU back to stock (even though it said it was successful) I don't think it will really matter. More details are bellow.

The only mods I currently have on my vehicle are a JDL Catless UEL header and an Invidia N1 catback exhaust.

The issue I'm having is the P000B fault code with my CEL and SL on. I'm also occasionally experiencing rough idles, and extremely rarely having the car stall when pushing the clutch in. The code for this has only appeared twice, the P000B code is consistantly on. even if I clear the fault code, it will pop back up within 5-30 minutes of driving. This has happened on both the Stage 2 UEL 93 Oct tune from OFT and with the stock ECU tune. I flashed the stock tune back onto the car before taking it to the dealership, but after speaking with the dealership they said the ignition count ( I think that's what he said, was a little hard to hear) had a value of 20 stored and that that isn't stock .

I checked for exhaust leaks after installing the header and used new gaskets to install. Torqued everything down to the proper spec and didn't notice any leaks at the time.

I started seeing this issue after I had the headers on my vehicle for about 6 days. Was on my way to do a dyno pull when I started experiencing the issues.

So can anyone say one way or another whether or not this UEL header I installed is actually causing these issues?

Last edited by Gumberculies; 05-31-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Gumberculies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
Gumberculies

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please Ignore this Question. It was moved to another tread.
Gumberculies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumberculies View Post
Hello everyone,

I know there are other threads about these problems, but none of them really seem to answer the questions I have.

My brz is currently at the dealership and I'm being told that installing my UEL header has voided my warranty. This is w/e to me, but I want to make sure that the issue I'm experiencing is indeed being caused by the UEL header or not. If it's not I may try to argue the warranty bit, but seeing as my OFT apparently failed to flash my ECU back to stock (even though it said it was successful) I don't think it will really matter. More details are bellow.

The only mods I currently have on my vehicle are a JDL Catless UEL header and an Invidia N1 catback exhaust.

The issue I'm having is the P000B fault code with my CEL and SL on. I'm also occasionally experiencing rough idles, and extremely rarely having the car stall when pushing the clutch in. The code for this has only appeared twice, the P000B code is consistantly on. even if I clear the fault code, it will pop back up within 5-30 minutes of driving. This has happened on both the Stage 2 UEL 93 Oct tune from OFT and with the stock ECU tune. I flashed the stock tune back onto the car before taking it to the dealership, but after speaking with the dealership they said the ignition count ( I think that's what he said, was a little hard to hear) had a value of 20 stored and that that isn't stock .

I checked for exhaust leaks after installing the header and used new gaskets to install. Torqued everything down to the proper spec and didn't notice any leaks at the time.

I started seeing this issue after I had the headers on my vehicle for about 6 days. Was on my way to do a dyno pull when I started experiencing the issues.

So can anyone say one way or another whether or not this UEL header I installed is actually causing these issues?

the header wont cause cam codes like P000B.

however the dealer will blame aftermarket parts and/or tune.

Cam issues are difficult to resolve and involve replacement of many expensive parts and labour including ECU.

Best to return vehicle to completely stock with stock tune and unmarry your oft.

Then take back to dealer or different dealer.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote