View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #14
ILLSMOQ

Drives: 2017 WR BLUE BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
I'm getting sick and tired of being disappointed by the FA20. If I want an LS3 in my BRZ and I don't mind shipping it anywhere in the country and I don't particularly care about the cost, where should I send it? I just want it done right and in a timely fashion. I don't have the time, space or patience to do the swap myself.

Before you tell me to just buy a Corvette or a Camaro know that I already have an 18' ZL1 and a supercharged S2000. While I love both of those cars I'm still drawn to the BRZ. I just fit in the car perfectly. S2K is too small and the Camaro is too big! Have a real love hate relationship with the BRZ but the only thing I really hate is the unreliable drivetrain.
I’m loving mine. If I were you I send the car to Pure Automotive, to do the swap and more importantly, tune it and get it dialed in...tuning was the hard part for me.

I built mine with all new parts. Used parts is always a gamble...pays off for some and not so much with others. I haven’t had any reliability issues that I would attribute to it being becuase it’s an “LS Swap” but it’s gonna be pretty hard to get a swapped car to have reliability on par with a factory designed stock condition car. I would compare the reliability of my swapped car to a heavily modded something else though...same issues arise.

I’ve got about 2k miles on mine so far and it’s a blast. Mostly aggressive backroads driving...been shaking it down and improving things trying to make sure it’s track ready before I actually start hitting the track. I think it’s ready now...Going to hit a drift event next Sunday.
ILLSMOQ is offline   Reply With Quote