View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 11:37 PM   #7
TurboLag23

Drives: 2018 BRZ w/Performance Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey all - thanks for the responses! Updates on my end: I have decided to retain the sway bar in the upside-down orientation. Here is my reasoning:

1. Per @norcalpb's post, I have a Whiteline 18mm bar as well, so I was able to examine that closely outside of the car. Sure enough, the centerline of the bar's mounting points (where bushing clamps) are completely in-plane with the centerline of the endlink holes. This rules out any possibility of geometric effect between mounting point and endlink hole if the bar is mounted upside down/right side up.
2. By disconnecting endlinks, I was able to run the bar fully through its range of motion. The endlink prongs hit subframe before the center (flipped) section did. Additionally, I believe that the level of rotational articulation required to make the endlink prongs find something solid is far beyond what would be possible during actual driving, given the shock travel.
3. I noticed that mounting it this way actually allows access to the diff bolts. The stock mounting orientation required the bar be removed, or at least bent out of the way, to access these three large bolts.
NOTE: I am running a stock exhaust, front to back. Additionally, I have no rear subframe bracing, just the Whiteline diff bushings shown in the prior post. This change may very well cause interference with aftermarket catback systems or aftermarket bracing packages (ex: Cusco, Carbing), depending on routing. So, if you have any of those items, ymmv!

I hope to take the car to several autocrosses over the next year, as well as canyon runs and the occasional drives to work. If any negative side effects happen as a result of this mounting configuration, I will report back & update this thread.
TurboLag23 is offline   Reply With Quote