View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 11:36 PM   #52
Mykii
Noodleking

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ooh snap. So I went 5.29 from Weir on my car. It’s pretty fun and goofy. Can’t actually tell if my car is faster or slower, but it feels more fun in the sense that it makes you sink into the seat more and you’ve got to shift more. I think I’ve effectively lost 6th gear and gained a low gear, like if there was a .5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, R. Third gear feels like 2nd gear and 4th gear feels like 3rd gear. There’s a little more room in those gears though, so I think I’ll like it a bit more when drifting. 1st gear is super short and almost makes this impossible to stall with the supercharger. I can lose traction through 1st and 2nd and the beginning of third on a straight. I don’t think it’s for everyone, but it definitely is a difference. The Kaiju Motorsports charged $1700 here in Vegas for the install and replacement of bearings, if people were still wanting a relevant piece of info for pricing. Feel free to message me if there’s any questions about this on my build.
2013 Firestorm FR-S, Kraftwerks C38 kit, FT-86 UEL Catted Headers, TRD D-Tip cat-back, Vibrant 1140 Resonator, Exedy Stage 1 Normal/smoother clutch that replaced the Stage 2 3-puck clutch, Exedy Lightweight flywheel, DSS carbon fiber driveshaft, TEIN springs on performance package Sachs dampers, Megan Racing Inner tie rods, 17x8 +35 Enkei Silver RPF1's, OS-Giken 1.5-way diff, J-Luth steering wheel and now a GKTech angle kit-- which rubs.
Mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mykii For This Useful Post:
FT86Z (12-23-2023), jcw99 (10-28-2023), kevaughan (02-21-2024), Teseo (01-10-2024)