Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #950
Dustin2JZ
StatusLow

Drives: 2013 10 Series FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbar View Post
Not trying to be a ****, but nitrous is just as safe as this, likely will be cheaper and has more potential.
I really don't see how you think nitrous is just as safe. Sure it can be if tuned correctly. But it's very easy to screw up.

And another thing that no one else has stated and you may not know, but in a lot of states, it is illegal to have a nitrous system turned on when riding in the streets.

I don't think many bought this car to take to the drag strip every weekend. (If they did they bought the wrong car)

So for all the people that are like me and bought the car because its one of the best looking cheap cars to be produced and is light weight, nimble, and just fun to drive. This is a great option to just add that extra power for daily driving without adding all of the extra components that come with a turbo kit. This basically like installing an intake, a new batter and ground kit. Same amount of time and effort.

And do you really think this weighs more than a turbo kit with both sides of the turbo and more piping and an intercooler and extra exhaust piping among other things? Now some of the super chargers may be around the same weight added but they will be more than double this in price. I really don't want to dump 5 grand into the engine bay if this car. I just don't see the need.

If I want to go fast ill just finish my 2JZ powered RX8