Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,638 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Angry IMPORTANT QUESTION: LHD HKS owner

ANyone that has a LHD car,

The install manual I am referencing is the online PDF for the V2 but I have a V1. It is the same either way.
When facing the car looking under the hood, which side of the supercharger is the traction fluid inlet and which side is the outlet?

The manual is horrible for illustrating this and some photos are RHD and it is unclear.

I recently added in a traction oil cooler and filter which were missing from the unit I bought used. The oil appeared to be moving in the reservoir normally. Took the car out for a test run and after a few minutes there was a high pitched sound and the supercharger seized, stopping the engine.

I have removed the belt from the pulley and I cannot rotate the pulley manually at all in the proper direction or otherwise. The car cannot be started as there is so much resistance on the belt it cranks literally inches.

I probably killed the supercharger and need to confirm I had the inlet/outlet reversed.

Once confirmed, next step will be to try and find someone who can open the supercharger once removed and if repairable, rebuild it. Otherwise I will need a new blower and who knows what that will cost me.

Any idea if this is rebuidable if not mortally damaged helpful as well.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote