Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Boy View Post
No. The way my header is paired is how it's going to scavenge. If the header was off I would take a video and show you how mine worked and how we test it. But it can't scavenge number 3 if it's not connected to number 3 at all. When 1 fires it should already be scavenging it from the next cylinder about to fire.can't do that if the stock header is a tri y and paired to the wrong cylinder. The way this 4:1 collector is paired is better than the factory with the firing order. By the look of this collector when 1 fires it will scavenge air from 3. and then 2 from 4. The shop that made my header went with a 360 4:1. Where 1 will scavenge from 3 then 3 from 2 then 2 from 4 then 4 from 1. Either way both desgines will be better than factory.The only reason I could see Toyota/Subaru making the header the way it is, is because of sound. They way it's paired definitely won't have that subie rumble.

Update:
I had the morning off today so I went into the shop where my stock header is and did a little scavenge test. Looks like I was right stock header is garbage. Doesn't scavenge from any cylinder. I'll take my header off sometime this week and do the same test. But for now I used a full race divided housing to compare.
Thanks for the video!

Wouldn't that have more to do with the collectors then the pairing, though? I'm not a header expert, but from my understanding you want the pulse widths to be even.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote