View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #95
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
And you were one past customer/squeaky fuel pump that was making a lot of noise about something that at the end of the day Toyota saw no need to address. In case you hadn't figured it out by now, modern-day Toyota does not give a flying bat-sh*t what one past customer thinks.

If you really wanted your GT86, you could have done like quite a few other owners did, re-badge and refit parts that would have given it the GT86 look. Could be pricey, but if that's what you really wanted, you would have done it. You're probably right, I don't know the whole story, but from outward appearances, you decided to go it alone and try to force a multi-billion-dollar international corporation to do something that they had already decided against. Excuse me if I find that a total exercise in futility.
Ah, see, had you known the history or looked at my previous posts or even read my one post in this thread, you would know I tried to refit parts and re-badge. Check the link in my sig, I created the list of all the differences between the Toyota and Scion versions. That was what my letter to them was about, getting the parts. I offered them the cash but they refused. You say I stand alone yet there are many who agree with me and supported the view point. We made our complaints to Toyota, because if you don't say a thing, they don't know and can't make a change. It obviously worked to some degree as some of those parts have been made available on special editions like the 10 series, monogram or the upcoming RS. Still they're missing parts I want and I can't get my hands on the parts.

I have no issue with the dealer either, to their credit they tried to help me. Hell, every time I've gone in for service on the Celica the Scion guy walks up to me and talks to me, if he sees me. He went over people's heads to try and get me the parts. He even showed me an aftermarket parts magazine for the 86 he got from Japan on one of my visits. They weren't trying to get rid of me, they were trying to make a sale and corporate screwed them out of one.