Drives: 2012 FR-S and BR-Z
Thanked 1,892 Times in 638 Posts
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Evasive Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Good run Evasive. How did you feel about the 1:59. Did you feel there is a lot left on the table. Did you feel you needed more power, more brake or more traction?

I know I've shown up on race weekends, gone out for qualifying and set a damn fine lap, the kind of lap where other folks are saying, "you're gonna be pole with that lap" only to discover that my competitor in a damn near identical car went 1.5 seconds faster and I'm spending the rest of the day scratching my head, watching video and researching data thinking, "Where the hell can I find another 1.5 seconds!?"

So being in that position I gotta ask, where are you going to find 19 more seconds? Theoretically, what radical changes are needed to the car if a 1:40 were to be your target?
We feel very happy with the 1:59 keeping up with some AWD high hp cars at Super Lap Battle first time out as a expedition run and only a few months to build. We also feel there is a lot more left in this car to get it dialed in right The car is going to need more power for Pikes Peak to get it up the hill and that is one of our plans for the future. As well the FX NSX ran a 1:40 which is amazing. They didn't get fast from day one as well as our own personal Evasive s2000 and EVO We will keep you guys updated with the changes we do.

-Randy

Last edited by Evasive Motorsports; 11-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Evasive Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote