lukey86
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86 ZN6
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
Ummmm ... 144km/h is 89 mp/h, which is close enough to 100 mph to do PLENTY of damage.. deadly damage... to innocent people who had no say in the matter. Obviously, due to the presence of law enforcement, the OP was obviously NOT traveling at speeds that are the norm for a freeway. Point definitely NOT granted. Race on a racetrack. Drive on public roads as if your FIRST responsibility is to guarantee the safety of those around you. That's the way grownups drive. If you're not a grown up yet, then don't drive in public.

Sorry.. but that's the way I feel about it. Lost too many people in my life to stupid drivers (one is too many).

Grow up.... both the OP and those defending reckless driving. AND, to those of you who may respond w/ comments along the lines of, "I practice, and I'm skilled at those speeds, so I'm not being reckless; speeds limits are stupid and are for people w/out real driving skills" or similar arguments... we've heard'em all before.... you're missing the point.

Driving in public is a GROUP effort, not unlike a musician playing in an ensemble. EVERYONE needs to be at rehearsal, trying to play their parts together and helping each other. Occasionally an immature musician (at any age) will feel it's OK to miss a rehearsal because "they know their part and can play it," but they're dead wrong because other folks in the group interact WITH that part, and the part needs to be there no matter what. On public roads, you INTERACT with other drivers; you're playing a PART. If you drive like an idiot, you are ruining the chance for safety and a long life for the others around you, and that is about as unfair and unkind choice as you can possibly make. Stop it.

Said with love,

Barry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
I should have read the entire thread before responding and blasting you; it sounds like you pretty much get it.... except the being due for another ticket part. Hopefully, this'll be the last one. Remember, the folks around you aren't "due" for another life-risking event every 10 years.

Thanks, and my apologies for possibly over-reacting. Best to you. I'm not one to alter cars much, but I've got to say that a lot of the changes you've made to the car ARE pretty attractive.

Best..

Barry
haha thanks for the 'love', Barry . And no need to apologize for having an opinion and being passionate about it! Isn't that what these forums are for? Oh, and thanks for the compliment
lukey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lukey86 For This Useful Post:
ollie (11-15-2015)