View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #78
HachiRokuX

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoto86 View Post
Well that's what's stopping me from going for something like a Mustang I don't like heavy cars personally, and the more powerful cars tend to be heavier. But I make exceptions for some cars like the Supra. The 86 was based on the AE86 dynamics and has a more nostalgic feel to it the interior is very 90s-80s especially the base models that are very analog feeling, I love that.

I have to say not liking the Supra's BMW interior influence though, its nothing like the old car that was very unique and had that trademark cockpit like instrument panel. It was bold but it paid off, it looks like they played it safe with the new model. Cant really complain because nothings wrong with it, but if its you new flag ship Supra try bring some of the elements of the old into the new.

Although the Supra is heavy it also has a lower centre of gravity then the 86 and reviewers keep talking about how good the rotation of the vehicle is in corners, if your a 86/BRZ owner who drives their car like it was meant to you know all to well what they are talking about, it looks like element of the 86 have translated into the Supra.

I don’t get the “lower center of gravity than an 86” stuff. Isn’t it only because the car is like .5 inches lower than an 86 from the factory? I imagine my 86 dropped 2-2.5 inches has a lower center of gravity than a stock 86 or Supra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HachiRokuX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HachiRokuX For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-15-2019)