View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Scalzo

Drives: Asphalt FRS <3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
FA20CLUB TURBO KIT - 57TRIM - CANADIAN CUSTOMER :D

Alright so the Turbo kit is in since 6/27/2013 , I had to leave to toronto the day after! So i'm still in Toronto drove 6 hours and the kit was really reliable, lasted 6-7 hours straight from leaving VAG Motorsport, I was a bit iffy on the kit since we were missing a few fittings + intake pipe, but i'll get back to that after.

First off, Where did I get it installed? Obviously VAG Motorsport, no where else to go. At first I figured the install would of taken about 3-4 hours since I already had the Turbo manifold installed, hahahah I'll tell you now it didn't take 3-4 hours haha. I took about 18 hours.
Now the thing is I brought the car in on Tuesday 10AM and I had to leave Wednesday, I got a few calls from Alex @VAG saying they had problems because the flanges were warped and they were missing fittings. I got there after work at around 5PM-6PM , Thing is when I got there I thought they were done, HAHAH not a chance they had just started after fixing most of the kit. They just test fitted the kit and started with the Turbo and such. I'll put it this way, VAG closes at 6, we were there with Dom/Alex way past our bed times.

The day after, they had done most of the turbo install the night before, so they just had to fit the intercooler and get the missing pieces from a local part store. I got there at around 2PM, they finished around 5PM. We couldn't leave wednesday as planned since my GF's Dad went to the hospital so we didn't wanna go anywhere just in case it was serious. Tunning with Tony @FA20club through the phone started at around 6-7PM. We were ready and tuned in an hour. Only check engine lights were because of the wideband that was installed.

Review on the FA20CLUB,
Tony is the best, The kit was missing a few fittings some parts had to be modified but we were expecting this since nothing is ever bolt on. Tony 's guys forgot to send me the intake pipe so we just put the intake on the turbo itself. Tony has sent me probably 8-10 tunes since the install. I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants a Turbo kit, Tony was very helpful especially with my issue at the border that I had. The guys at VAG were suprised about the kit, easy install, everything was build with quality. This car is now a monster, it's a blast to drive. This is what the car was missing!

Review on VAG motorsport,
Nothing to review guys, you guys are the best! Through all the garages i've been through with all my cars, this is the garage I would recommend! Alex brought me to the back where Dom was working on my car multiple times, to show me the progress. They stayed afterhours which i didn't expect them to do. IF YOU NEED A PROPER GARAGE , These are the guys to see.

In TORONTO I won 2nd place twice in the Toyota/Scion Division * Damn Supra beat me lool *

Funny Video of the GF

The car feels awesome, The external wastegate with the dump tube is crazy! This car hits boost after 3k RPM-3.5kRPM it's hard to not boost when driving it's so addicting. My GF needs a neck brace soon lol

PS. At the border going back to Canada, I got screwed at the border! 55% on 3500 = 2500$ on taxes to bring the kit home. They didn't believe the price I paid, and lied to me.

AGAIN,

THANKS TO VAG MOTORSPORT & FA20CLUB!