DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
I went back and checked the NGK laser platinum plugs I bought off Amazon a few years ago for my GTI (was about to put them in this week.)

Other than the inner packaging using the brown cylindrical cardboard holders for the plugs, everything else seemed fine. The outer packaging seemed high quality and had the proper "EAC" logo. The font on the "R" on the individual packaging matches. The quality of the spark plugs look fine. Threads are clean. I can see the laser weld on the tip and the spot of platinum on the ground. Can see some talcum powder on the white porcelain portion where the seal is.

I'm going to go ahead and throw these in. If these are fakes, someone went to a lot of expense to make them look identical to the real ones.

Beauty is only surface deep. If they want them to look authentic, they'll accomplish that. They will net far more money with good looking fakes than obvious ones. They probably are not fakes though, I don't feel that " fake spark plugs" would be very common at all.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote