View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
I generally try to do a quick interview with my students to determine where they're at in terms of driving development. I ask what cars they've driven, and what kind of "spirited" driving they've done. If this is their first time doing anything high performance with a car, electronic aids are going to stay on. If they've been canyoning for years in a 240 with no aids, and want to start learning to master their car, the aids are probably going off.

It's pretty easy to gauge where students are with a quick interview based on their attitude and what they're talking about. It's also pretty easy to gauge if they have a good feel for their car on track when you're sitting next to them. It's not uncommon for me to recommend a student to turn aids back on, or to turn them off in the middle of a session based on how they're doing. I've been known to turn the aids off without telling them from time to time if I feel comfortable; I'm in the car with them and I certainly am not going to risk wrecking.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
amram (03-27-2014)