Old 04-30-2016, 10:05 PM   #38
gatorac
Chin Track Event Manager

Drives: 15 Series Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
I have asked and everyone seems to say "have not seen an issue".
But, so far in the testing I have been doing the coolant temps on this car run high, don't know if it is a subaru thing or just my car.

But the dash gauge is not showing any movement yet when hooked into OBD2 I am seeing idle temps as high as 217F autox and track also showing peaks of 220.

I first noticed this on baseline dyno testing where the engine was constantly pulling timing because of coolant temp.

Can some of you autox and track guys run an OBD2 check on yours?
Keep in mind the temp gauge in the car does not move from middle whether its 190 to 220.
Just looked at one of my videos that I had the ECT displayed on. 183. The first thing I would do is test the ECT sensor on your car. There should be a procedure for testing it with a specific resistance at a specific temperature. It's possible the sensor is not providing an accurate reading. There really isn't any reason your car should be running that hot unless something isn't right. I may be wrong of course. If the ECT sensor is cheap enough and easy to replace, it might even be worthwhile to swap it and see what happens.
09 Comp Yellow NC
20 Gladiator tow vehicle.
gatorac is offline   Reply With Quote