View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #19
Slipstream

Drives: 14 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S-HawK View Post
These big engine cars are not that much more fun to cruise around in, and in all honestly, I'm starting to have a hard time finding where to fit the 348hp on my Gen Coupe.

Seeing how throttle happy I was with the twins, it's burdening to the point of frustration to have to baby the thing during half hour commutes.
I narrowed down my new car choice to the same ones in question from the OP (2011 Mustang GT and a 2014 BRZ)... your point above was a primary reason I went with the BRZ. With the 86, I can act a complete fool on my daily commute and still be within (near?) legal limits. Or, I can drive like a sane human being and return great fuel efficiency and look good doing it.

The Mustang isn't an engaging car to drive at 2/10 or 3/10, which only encourages the driver to do increasingly stupid things for satisfaction. I found myself sideways on an on-ramp during on of my test drives, and well over 100mph on the interstate during a romp through the gears. I giggled like the OP during my drives, but I realized quickly that it was a one trick pony (pardon the pun). Massive horsepower at the expense of steering feedback, manageable brakes, driver visibility (felt like a tank), body responsiveness (again, felt like a tank)... I knew all of those things could be helped with aftermarket parts, but I also knew that it was easier to add power to a BRZ than driver feel to a Mustang.

To me, posting M3-comparable numbers is impressive, but - if the experience of getting there doesn't have the driver feedback to match, what's the point?
Slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote