carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
I understand the concern (as it is a big dip), but unless I'm missing something, all of this speculation is based off of ONE dyno (by Inside Line) on ONE FR-S. For those of you who have tuned cars before or even compared dyno graphs, it's very possible for two different examples of the same car to dyno differently even under the same conditions. So other FR-Ss (and BRZs) may not dyno with that kind of a flat spot. And considering how new this car is, this might be an early production hiccup that Toyota/Scion/Subaru might cure with a factory re-tune to smooth it out.

But seeing how both the hp and torque curves have dips in the same rpm range (and the hp curve is practically a rotated version of the torque curve, if you look at it), it might be specific to that one car and not necessarily the exact output that they had intended. They did mention that they wanted the punch to hit as low and as immediate as possible, but I don't think that they inteded a random 20 lb-ft drop from 3300-4600 rpm on an otherwise flat torque curve (for an NA 2.0-liter four-cylinder).

no its multiple graphs

plus other na Subaru's do this, Porsche's, its related to the boxer design... and the angles of the exhaust headers as they leave the engine.. has partially to do with harmonics and a various assortment of other things...

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carbonBLUE For This Useful Post:
DeeezNuuuts83 (05-08-2012)