Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #104
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Tuning View Post
Shiv, I see this on N.A. cars also but do you have a log say where you go wot at 2k rpm and pull throught that rise in intake advance? The car I was testing was N.A. and it had this problem stock, no mods. I'm sensitive the pump noise and could probably pick it up where others couldn't.

The thread is good as it's information we're all sharing with facts as sometimes these issues, since they won't apply to everyone, can be tricky to discuss on a forum.
So log same tune but with WOT at 2000rpm instead of 2600rpm? We've been tuning DI engines since 2006 and I'm also pretty perceptive to HPFP issues (BMW N54s are kind of known for HPFP failure). But there has been absolutely nothing I've seen, logged or witnessed that shows HPFP limitations on this platform. Even with 5psi of boost thrown in.

Are all your logs with the Hydra standalone or do you have any with the stock ECU? Could what you are seeing be a result of the HPFP control logic used by the Hydra?

PS. Also, now that Enhanced Datalogging is released to the public, customers will be able to log all these new channels and provide more data.

Last edited by Shiv@Openflash; 03-05-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (03-05-2014), Luckrider (03-05-2014)