View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
Blood

Drives: 2018 STI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloside View Post
Tuner's done quite a few automatics and none of them have had the issue as often as mine. I've gone out of the way and even purchased another automatic transmission to see if it was indeed just caused by me beating on my original trans, but all I do are just highway miles. I'm currently running motul fluids AND have the stark ATF cooler and it still occurs.
If you have no hardware issues (exhaust or vacuum leaks, bad injectors) then my guess is your injector scaling was not done properly (or at all).

Who is your tuner? I'm guessing Moto-East by your location and title? I had this issue on my AT car running a Moto-East tune after installing larger (700cc) injectors. The car would stall when coming to a stop in 2nd gear around 50% of the time (I always drove in manual mode), didn't matter if the engine was cold or warmed up. The "fix" that was put in place was to raise the target idle across the board to a minimum of ~750 rpm. It stopped the stalling for the most part, but there was still a fairly severe stuttering from the engine (enough to feel the car shaking) when coming to a stop.

It never got completely fixed and I eventually changed tuners (to James Martin @ HRI Tuning), and didn't have the issue on the new tune.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote