View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #115
wdninja

Drives: 2023 Toyota GR86 Premium
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANI86 View Post
I bought the GN gaskets along with brand new set of OEM tail lights. After about two months, the condensation slightly came back....I even have duct tape all over my taillight where the water drains into the channel of the tail lights. Water somehow will reach inside and eventually causes to moisten the inner housing. It's not as bad as before but the aftermath is still prominent upon evaporation. This problem is inevitable. With all of that water running down that channel, it will always come back. This is such a headache and I'm honestly starting to have second thoughts about keeping this car... It really sucks.
So sorry to hear that. I PM'd you with some options.

Have you checked to see if the sheet metal is warped where the mounting posts go through? It was warped on my FR-S, and warped enough that the gaskets can't do their job, since the gasket adheres to the tail light housing and not the metal itself. Once the metal was flat again and the tail lights were torqued to spec, (and with the new, fully sealed gaskets of course), it didn't happen again.

Just something to check! Also, Gorilla tape (more resistant to water than standard duct tape) or a more dedicated water resistant/proof tape will hold up much longer than standard duct tape (if that's what you're using).

Thanks.