View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #61
sastexan

Drives: '13 FR-S Ultramarine manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
Edit: BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW 2 - I had them on my fwd Jetta - loved them till they started getting worn then holy mother of god they were noisy. Also heavier than avg if I remember.
+1 I had KDWs on my Contour SVT (also FWD). They were good grippers but holy moses, did they get loud at about 15,000 miles (50% treadwear). I only made it another 4,000 miles before I had to replace them.

Sort of relevant to the conversation, my favorite tires on my old car were two sets of Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions. Great for street and HPDE (well, got greasy towards the end of the event on a hot day). The Eagle F1 GS D3 Asymmetric I replaced the second set with (the S-03 was out of production and the S-04 had not been introduced) were not as good - noise, grip wet and dry - although wear was similar. Not sure how the next generation of these two tires compares to each other, but history often repeats itself.
'11 Odyssey EX-L - familymobile and hauler - food-encrusted carpets and other appropriate features
sastexan is offline   Reply With Quote