Old 02-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #28
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
update from today

E85 Tune

After a trip to Irvine today (ate at Veggie Grill for lunch - best fake buffalo chicken I've tasted), I took a trip a bit out of the way to try the e85 pump

My first reaction was something like this:

This car is very fast now. It feels much faster than a stock WRX (in the upper power band at least) and it just keeps PULLING. I opened the car up every chance I got and I must say I'm past satisfied with the power level. This is more power than I need for sure for daily driving, and living in my area there's about 4 e85 stations ~20 miles so its a great solution.

Power aside, it was really easy to switch from the 91 tune to the e85 tune. Only took about 5 minutes and it was basically done after I got some snacks from inside. Car starts up perfectly (just as good if not better than the 91 tune), and it pulls *everywhere*. I think the only spot that feels sluggish is 3k-3.5k but that's not a big deal because the peak power really feels great now.

If I wasn't such a power fiend I would be 100% satisfied. I honestly think this is very good for somebody who wants a quick car, and daily drives it. I never felt like I was down on power after driving all day in lots of traffic (usually after driving in traffic I'm a little upset with my car since it takes so much work to keep up with people ,today was *not* the case). And, icing on the cake I leave all the honda boy racers and soccer moms in the dust now (lol).

Anyways, if you have access to e85 definitely try it out. Its great. Really good stuff thank you @shiv@vishnu

EDIT: Bonus the wife is happy because of the low emissions too

Last edited by Sonolin; 02-15-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sonolin For This Useful Post:
amram (03-24-2014), DAEMANO (02-15-2014), Kronos (02-16-2014), normancw (02-15-2014), rgt (02-16-2014), Shiv@Openflash (02-15-2014)