Old 08-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
Sriracha
Red Ranger

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Sriracha
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New guy here

Hey all, thought I'd introduce myself.

Long time enthusiast of the 86 platform and reader on the forums. Recently got the opportunity to pull the trigger on a mint, bone stock immaculately maintained 2013 FRS and couldn't be happier. I've had the car seven days today and just crested my first thousand miles of learning the platform. Figured I would start doing more than read now that I'm officially part of the cult following that is these cars and provide some of my insight into questions / issues posed by other members. You guys have all helped me throughout my search for knowledge on these cars providing me information about them since 2012 so I figure the least I can do is give some back.

I come from a background of building for power and am now looking to build for speed ( which is where the 86 comes in ). As in not only how fast you can accelerate, but also how long you can hold that speed stable without turning your knuckles white in the process. I usually build up cars for high power N/A or F/I so anyone going the " I wanna be faster than my buddy route " HMU because I can definitely offer you a couple solutions. However, the whole handling and stability route is new to me so please be gentle if I mispeak haha. Below I'll make sure to drop a few pics of some projects I've had over the years for reference.

Essentially, I'm just happy to be here a proud 86 owner. Looking forward to paying forward some knowledge to anyone curious out there.

As an aside, you might note that I mention I bought my car "bone stock" as I prefer to do with all of my vehicles. This is simply because I like to be the first to "mess" with them. Please do not confuse this with "I am keeping my vehicle stock", I am by no means an automotive purist and already have my exhaust and coil overs ordered, with my wheels, tires, clutch and flywheel to follow this Friday. It's only been a week but not hearing my exhaust hurts my ears more than my straight piped 4.6.

Pictured below are two of my favs:

99 Mustang GT: Pypes Off-Road H-Pipe, Pypes resonated catback, Rev-x SCT tuner, 93 Octane bama tune, 4.10 ratio final drive, SR short throw shifter, FP COP's and spark plugs, K&N intake, EGR bypass, ~150lbs weight reduction, SVT Cobra wheels, Lightened flywheel ( ~16lbs ), Exedy Mach 450 Stage 2 clutch, FP Oil Pump, Wally 255 fuel pump.

97 DSM: Fully built short block, ported stock head with cometic 5 layer steel head gasket, titanium valves, brian crowler valve springs and seats, Ported MHI Evo 3 16g turbo, HKS SSQ blow-off valve ( switched to a GReddy after a while, didn't like the sound of SSQ ), wally 255 fuel pump, PR FMIC and solid IC piping kit, custom built 3" turbo back exhaust from a tubular manifold, full glowshift boost/oil gauge setup.
Attached Images

Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sriracha For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-12-2018)