View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #10
mankarn86

Drives: 2007 Altima 3.5 SE 6sp
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTROB View Post
I still had the popping/clicking in the rear even after doing the TSB fix. It would stop popping if the rear seats are folded down. It turned out to be the rear seat. This fix worked for me: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=30

Lower rear seat then slowly position it near closed and use your fingers to feel underneath if the gap is even. I used the "flaps" on the rear of the seatback to gauge the space. The flap on the driver side of mine was touching the rear latch while the passenger side was not, meaning the seatback was uneven. I just loosened the 12mm bolt in the photo shown in the link, pulled the seat forward, then retightened. Problem solved, easiest fix ever.
Hey so i checked my setback and eureka the flap is touching on one side and not the other...the setback is definitely installed unevenly.

Here's the tricky part to me though...when i dropped the seats I actually heard more noise but it sounded different. Is this normal?...I imagine the seats up adds some rigidity vs them down.
mankarn86 is offline   Reply With Quote