View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #22
COO86L

Drives: 2015 86 GTS + Mitsi Lancer GSR
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I can sort of chime in on the ones I investigated prior to purchase. My purchase was based purely on the fact that I'm located in Australia so shipping and exchange rate influences my purchase greatly.

I ended up with an SME (Sydney Motorsport Engineering) kit which is hand made in Australia by Mike, and he has many different set ups, all using quality turbos. One form of kit is designed for race so it uses a different crash bar. All the others do not cut or change anything. My kit has about 15,000km on it and has had no issues with weld cracks, parts breaking etc etc.

If I was in America, I would have bought the Ptuning system. It is an awesome looking kit with heaps and heaps of good reviews. Seems to be made real solid. It does take a bit longer to spool up due to longer piping system.

From what I've seen of the AVO, and the review of everyone here in Aus, they are eh. Cheapest legit kit, but I'd probably buy an SBD kit before I bought AVO.

SBD now offer many different option turbos such as billet wheel, billet 9 blade and a ball bearing turbo. They are cheap but do the job and everyone who has one seems to be fairly content.

Looking at purely long term quality, I love my SME kit (bit harder to get in America with a lot of similar options), or Ptuning. Allows good quality headers such as Tomei etc or cheap ones that can do the job. Looooots of pipe work though making it more of a track style set up.

Oh and Eric from Velox swears black and blue by their Full Race system from what I've seen. He is one that does some serious, serious research and if he chose them, he chose them for very good reason.
COO86L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to COO86L For This Useful Post:
Tristor (05-23-2018)